edited March 19, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    So yeah... Just playing around

Yay?

Nay?

"What were you thinking?"

Give it to me... I can take it :)

Steven

Works for me. thumb.gif Like the comp. Either that background or a very dark blue. Another minimalism piece?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    Works for me. thumb.gif Like the comp. Either that background or a very dark blue. Another minimalism piece?
    I took this before the competition date... didn't even think of it..

hmmm...

more comments please :)
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    well....since you said you could take it. :lol4

honestly, it doesn't do anything for me. does it say anything to you (religion aside)? if this were a stone cross or something with more texture.....maybe there would be something. there's a loss of detail in the cross itself. in other words, there's no story for me.

and concerning minimalism I'd say a definite no. The cross itself is a powerful symbol and by its very essence goes against everything minimalistic in the original scope of the movement.

eeek, please don't burn me at the stake for this post. :uhoh
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    well....since you said you could take it. :lol4

honestly, it doesn't do anything for me. does it say anything to you (religion aside)? if this were a stone cross or something with more texture.....maybe there would be something. there's a loss of detail in the cross itself. in other words, there's no story for me.

and concerning minimalism I'd say a definite no. The cross itself is a powerful symbol and by its very essence goes against everything minimalistic in the original scope of the movement.

eeek, please don't burn me at the stake for this post. :uhoh
    Thank you so much for being honest. This is the kind of feedback i always want. I can't stand people who say "Ooooh... it looks great" when in reality they think to themselves... "This is horrible"

Thanks again :)

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    Thank you so much for being honest. This is the kind of feedback i always want. I can't stand people who say "Ooooh... it looks great" when in reality they think to themselves... "This is horrible"

Steven
    shew! I'm just relieved that you didn't come at me with a mob of people with pitchforks and torches. :lol4

keep at it, you never know, you might end up with a night shot that has the perfect constellation behind the cross or something.

I tried to get a shot of the moon last night and I realized that one of the dippers (I think it was one of 'em, lol) was upside down and it looked like the moon had fallen out of it. but unfortunately it didn't come out.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:

Steven
    Now that the ice has been broken...

It doesn't do anything for me either. For a couple of reasons. One, it seems like a waste of real estate on the left...it's just black...no detail, nothing. The absence of something. Secondly, well...i'm just not into crosses.

Does the image do anything for you? are you religious?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Now that the ice has been broken...

It doesn't do anything for me either. For a couple of reasons. One, it seems like a waste of real estate on the left...it's just black...no detail, nothing. The absence of something. Secondly, well...i'm just not into crosses.

Does the image do anything for you? are you religious?
    I just liked the lighting on the cross. It caught my eye.

Again... like I said.. just messing around

Got to get better somehow

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• Options
    KeithAlanKKeithAlanK Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Well, I get something out of it, but it's not overwhelming.
    The cross doesn't need to be so bright, and maybe the black doesn't need to be so black. The contrast is just a bit much.
    The empty space on the left COULD signify a lack of faith on the left....
    oh well, now we're in danger of busting a rule or two.
    Don't toss it.
    :bigbs