Options

Feature Query

NitroDeskNitroDesk Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
Wondering if i could solicit some opinions on a feature we are considering.

Just as a background, NitroDesk (www.nitrodek.com) gives a user the ability to view multiple albums from different online photo sites in a single Desktop experience, also allowing for inter-service photo transfers and background uploading and Picasa Integration.

We are considering a feature by which a user can visualize a single timeline of ALL the photos (s)he has uploaded to all the sites (including smugmug).

Would you consider this a useful feature?

thanks!
-g
www.NitroDesk.com
A better way to manage your Online Photos

http://nitrodesk.blogspot.com

Would a unified timeline be useful ? 2 votes

Yes, it will help immensely
50%
lemieszek 1 vote
It will help somewhat - but can live without it
50%
lildude 1 vote
I dont care
0%
Dont bother wasting time on this
0%

Comments

• Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Not really something I'd care about.

I do like the timeline feature in Picasa.

Speaking of Picasa -- it's tough to compete with free. As stated previously, inter-service photo transfers is an interesting idea, but I believe that there is a potential market here at SmugMug (and I guess Flickr) for strong album and photo *management*, not just uploading.

I think that's where you can differentiate yourself since Picasa is really tied to Google Web Albums.
  • Options
    NitroDeskNitroDesk Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Photo Management...
    Darryl,
    thanks!
    Photo management is currently Priority 1 for us, especially the features you requested.. While we are limited by the API support from different sites for this, we think we can solve it to a great extent.

Stay tuned..

and have a nice weekend..
    -g
    darryl wrote:
    Not really something I'd care about.

I do like the timeline feature in Picasa.

Speaking of Picasa -- it's tough to compete with free. As stated previously, inter-service photo transfers is an interesting idea, but I believe that there is a potential market here at SmugMug (and I guess Flickr) for strong album and photo *management*, not just uploading.

I think that's where you can differentiate yourself since Picasa is really tied to Google Web Albums.
    www.NitroDesk.com
    A better way to manage your Online Photos

http://nitrodesk.blogspot.com