The People of Havana

MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited February 3, 2008 in People
Back from my week in Havana. My earlier visits didn't spend a lot of time in the cities.

Staying in Havana was an eye opening experience. The poverty is heartbreaking. The city is literally falling down around the people who live there. It is estimated that a building in Havana suffers a major collapse every three days.

Here are some of the people who live there.

249481697-L.jpg

249431733-L.jpg

249437288-L.jpg

249443445-L.jpg

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Oh, wow! I love that second one. She looks like a really interesting character. Spunky, too, with that look she's giving you. I really like how the primary colors are working together, too. thumb.gif I wonder if a little more pop would bring out more details in her very intriguing face.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Hello thanks for sharing great pictures
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Moni,
    Thank you so much for sharing your photos; I went through your whole Cuba gallery. Fantastic colors; what a treat!!!
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    1pocket wrote:
    Moni,
    Thank you so much for sharing your photos; I went through your whole Cuba gallery. Fantastic colors; what a treat!!!

Thanks!

Llywellyn - I gave the cigar woman a little more pop. I initially toned her down because I was working on my uncalibrated monitor and it was just too bright there. She is fixed now.

You can take her picture for one peso. There are quite a few men and women like this who earn a living from pictures.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    Love the colors and the lady with the cigar---awesome :D
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    I like them all, especially the second.
    Growing with Dgrin

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    Moni wrote:
    Llywellyn - I gave the cigar woman a little more pop. I initially toned her down because I was working on my uncalibrated monitor and it was just too bright there. She is fixed now.

clap.gifclap.gifthumb.gif