Options

Help! Just got the new macbook pro and stuck...

nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited February 2, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
So, in all my brilliance and wisdom, I was so focused on getting my new laptop, that it completed escaped my mind how I was going to get my pics off my camera card for my canon 30D onto the laptop to burn onto cds until tonight. Any ideas on how I do this? :dunno I would want something that is fast and compatible with my macbook. It would be helpful if it were not too large as I would be hauling this unit around with my laptop and all of my camera gear as well. Thanks a bunch. :wink
Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Use a card reader, or (less preferable) the USB cable that came with the camera. A FireWire card reader is fastest, while an ExpressCard Compact Flash adapter may be the most compact.

If you use Image Capture, iPhoto, Aperture, the Adobe apps (Photoshop, Lightroom, etc), or any other 30D compatible software to import the photos, you do not need to install any Canon software at all.

If you do want to install the Canon software, it's on the Mac CD that came in the box with the camera.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    The most portable solution is just to bring the USB cable and hook your camera up to it.

I bought this one. It comes with two cables. One is FW800 adn the other is FW400. That's perfect for me, since I have the Mac Pro at home and the MacBook Pro for the field. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops