SF4 - Help Choose - Colored Light and Ammonite

kwalshkwalsh Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited February 2, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
First off, thanks to all the suggestions I've gotten in a prior thread over the days. For any just tuning in I've been experimenting with lighting a textured object from three directions and coloring the light from each direction. I've stared at this stuff too much now and definitely feel as if I'm getting into a rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic mode. More than one person has wanted more depth in the image so I've altered the lighting yet again. So, if you could please vote/give input on these two versions that'd be super helpful.

Thanks!

Ken

Version 1:
4106718#249262384249262384-O.jpg

Version 2:
249977422-O.jpg
4106718#249977422

What do you think of the two versions? 10 votes

I like version 1
60% 6 votes
I like version 2
0% 0 votes
I like ver 1, but think you need to enter something else
30% 3 votes
I like ver 2, but think you need to enter something else
10% 1 vote

Comments

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Hi Kwalsh:

just checking out your photo, colors are beautiful...Might I make a suggestion.

The human eye those of westerners at least tends to view immediately from the left (that is how we read...left to right)...so subconsciously we immediately view anything (even though we are not aware) from left to right, might I suggest flipping horizontally your photograph, so that the eye flows easily in and around to your center core.

I might also suggest burning at a light opacity, To enhance the path of your ammonite, the darker outlining even at a small amount would direct the human eye to come in and follow the path. This would give more depth to your subject...Almost like when we colored pictures as children and we outlined some areas of the photo with black crayon to give the picture pop also not to color outside of the lines..Laughing.gif.

I might also put a blended "satin" overlay layer on it (using a hue that would most enhance the colors that are in play on your photo, and then play with the opacity of that layer

Ok did I explain this correctly?? I hope so...if you don't get what I'm trying to say...PM me...Laughing.gifLaughing.gif

Take care
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Izzy GaravitoIzzy Garavito Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Donna made a pretty good point on flipping the pic. otherwise, they both are very good pictures. I like version 1 better because it seems to have more colors