Options

Lamborghini anyone??

KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
edited May 15, 2005 in Sports
Went to the 2005 carshow today. Comes around every year...SO always drags me along. This year however, I was happy to tag along...camera in hand! OMG did I see my dream car. I LOFF this car and was happy to be able to get a quick pic of it. Had to do some PS to get rid of the crowd that was behind it. Of course it had to be overcast and rainy (quit just enough for me to get a few pretty good shots).
Anyway, here she is in all her glory:lust :lust :lust !
Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    Another kinda car...
    I'm no car buff, lol...but I really liked the emblem that was on this cool old car.

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    Hey...doggies gotta ride too!
    Thought this was just ADORABLE! So reminded me that NOTHING is adorable at a car show (as he made the manly Tim Allen "Arr Arr Arr" sound). HOWEVER, is this not just ADORABLErolleyes1.gif !!

• Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    Last but not least....
    Here was one of the thousands of car lovers that were tooling around at the car show. Couldn't resist asking his mommy if I could get a quick shot. FUNNY man, FUNNY!

• Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    It looks like you really enjoyed yourself. And made some good looking pictures while you were doing just that. Agreed on the car: it looks great!
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Nice shots thumb.gif. The kid with punk hair, made me laugh (at me) rolleyes1.gifrofl. Oh, got a few shots myself of a "Contauch". Seems one of my neighbors at work has one (don't know how he got it), runs an aquarium shop (is there that much to be made selling fishies rolleyes1.gif).
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    Thanks Marlof~ I really did have a lot of fun this year.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    Bfjr ~ Hmmmm...maybe there is more to owning an aquarium shop that we knowheadscratch.gif . One lucky dude though...those cars are just sexy!! Thank you for your reply, mucho appreciated!

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    Bfjr ~ Hmmmm...maybe there is more to owning an aquarium shop that we knowheadscratch.gif . One lucky dude though...those cars are just sexy!! Thank you for your reply, mucho appreciated!
    Cars? Sexy?? Great photos?

Natalie, you are a woman after my own heart. Does your hubby know how lucky he is. My wife just groans when I look at those cars. If I tried to take a picture of one, she would hit me over the head with my tripod!eek7.gif

mitch
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 23, 2005
    Laughing.gif Natilie, I love that last pic thumb.gifthumb.gif

Oh man......... that Lambo looks awesome clap.gifclap.gif And it can be all yours for the equivalent of about 200 20D's (with lenses).....lol Not to mention the 2nd mortgage you'd have to take out just to pay the insurance bill :lol

Still, if you can't afford one, you can always bring a shot of one home on your memory card thumb.gif Nice shots and it looks like a good time was had by all. Well, maybe not by the green haired mohawk kid.....lol

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2005
    Sorry I haven't responded sooner. My poor ole computer crashed...and now I'm trying to get used to my new G4 Apple (wow, so different than my PC).

Mitchell~ ha ha ha! Yeah, the hubby just rolls his eyes most of the time. He does however love cars and bikes, so any photos taken of them are A OK, lol.

Steve ~ Yeah, all I'll ever have (unless I win the lottery) are pictures of the beauties, lol. Agreed, the green haired mohawk kid didn't appear to be having the best of times. I couldn't resist his cuteness though.

Thanks for all the replys, always appreciated!

• Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    Sorry I haven't responded sooner. My poor ole computer crashed...and now I'm trying to get used to my new G4 Apple (wow, so different than my PC).

Welcome to the Mac Club! MACS Rule PC's drool! Speaking of lamborghini, If you like that one, you should see the next Gallardo! I could tell you more but they'd fire me so here's the website.

http://www.lamborghini.com/

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    Is that the "old" Diablo?

nice shots!
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 25, 2005
    JohnR wrote:
    Is that the "old" Diablo?

nice shots!
    I reckon it's a Countach - but I've been staring at it cause I'm darn certain its a replica. Can't quite place why, but I'll work on it.

Replica or not, it's an excellent car shot. Well exposed, no bad reflections - good work thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 25, 2005
    Sorry, I'm a car geek...

I figured it out. Mirrors are too square, even the 1980-81 first generation had more rounded mirrors, and later generations almost all had color matched panels on them. Secondly, I was gonna let this one go, but there's no badges on the car - no bull on the front and no writing on the sides. No one else probably cares, but it's a replica or a custom restoration.

So all that really means is its worth much much less than 200 20D's, probably more like 50 or 60 depending on the motor. :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    Good eye Doc,
    It's hard to tell from this angle but a lot of the replicas had a shorter wheelbase. Also the windows are 2 pieces of glass instead of the lambo three, and if you look really closely, what probably tipped you off in the first place (but couldn't quite put your finger on) is that the creases in the fender flares are too soft, in the original Lambos they were much crisper. As a matter of fact, prior to 85, the wheelwells had shuntlines. The rims are aftermarket as well.

That being said, I'd still drive it like I stole it!

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    Just found this site: http://www.lambocars.com/

If I had seen it earlier, I would have spotted the difference. :)
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2005
    Laughing.gif...I'm no car buff...just know that it was puuurdy iloveyou.gif . I keep reading the posts then going back to the pic to see what everyone is talking about. Yeah, real or not...I'd take it, lol.

I'm liking the Mac so far...still so many new things to learn and figure out. So I'll be riding the short bus for a little while. As I get more comfy with it I'll come back out of my shell rolleyes1.gif .

• Options
    simon bennettsimon bennett Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    a couple more for you
    murcielago5uy.jpg

murcielago

gallardo7tn.jpg

gallardo
  • Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    21298106-M.jpg

My old man's Gallardo, with him tearing it up at the skidpad at willwo springs raceway. I iloveyou.gif that car.
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8