Weird behavior in Mac Firefox but not Safari

aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
edited February 3, 2008 in SmugMug Support
This is driving me slightly batty...I'm hoping someone can help.

Last night and again just now, Firefox couldn't/wouldn't load pages from a private gallery on my site. (I'm running the latest versions of Leopard and Firefox.) Safari (latest version) loaded them up just fine, albeit somewhat slowly. :bash

After a few minutes, I tried again in Firefox and viola! it worked.:huh

I have no idea if this is happening to people I've invited to view my site who are using other OSes/browsers, but it's troubling as a.) I don't know if it means that SmugMug is going down and/or Firefox is having issues and b.) I've got some VERY important newborn pictures to share with friends and family. :barbThe folks I have shared my site's pw with have never used SmugMug before and I am worried that they may just give up without getting to see the new baby/mom/grandparents/uncles.:noob

Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on the situation, I would be most grateful. Please tell me this is not a big deal and I am the only one having this problem! :thumb

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Hi, we'd like to see your site, please list it thumb.gif
    You can email the Help Desk http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal for the fastest service, thanks.
  • aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, we'd like to see your site, please list it thumb.gif
    You can email the Help Desk http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal for the fastest service, thanks.

Helpdesk emailed. I thought I'd post it here first...Laughing.gif...

Thanks for your help, Andy!thumb.gif
  • aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    I think I resolved the issue on my end. clap.gifSorry for the hysterics!
  • PAVPAV Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    Since we're on a Firefox subject...
    I have a Firefox (Mac) issue also. Safari works ok on this.

On My site Firefox does not display all of the titles I have assigned to the categories on my opening TOC. (3rd Box) It shows most of them, but omits some. Those omissions are constant. Always the same categories. I have tried rewriting the descriptions, but to no avail. Clearing the Firefox Cache didn't change anything. IE on the PC is ok. This is unique to Firefox on my Mac.
    Is it just my machine somehow or is it Firefox?