Linking to Slideshow URL

Robert SpencerRobert Spencer Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited April 12, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have asked this before but no one answered.
How can I link to a photo as it appears in size when presented in the slideshow from my galleries?
That is sometimes the exact size I would like to use when O is too big and L is too small. Thanks. Bob

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited February 2, 2008
    I have asked this before but no one answered.
    How can I link to a photo as it appears in size when presented in the slideshow from my galleries?
    That is sometimes the exact size I would like to use when O is too big and L is too small. Thanks. Bob
    Bob -
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want to link to a photo in a standalone manner, or are you looking to do something with a slideshow?

In case you are looking to link to a photo standalone, maybe this will help...

There are 3 sizes in between L and O with the new sizes - XLarge (XL), X2Large (X2), and X3Large (X3). That is, if you have those sizes enabled in your gallery (in the customization screen), and if those sizes were generated when you uploaded your photos.

You can also specify a custom size for display - see http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-photo-sizes. I use the custom sizes all of the time when I link to my photos in my blog.

Here's hoping I didn't totally miss your question. If I did, please ask again! (Or maybe someone else will get it the first time...)

--- Denise
  • DavidWoofDavidWoof Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    I have a similar question, but I am trying to find out how to link directly to a slideshow.

i.e. from my blog, I normally link directly to galleries on my Smugmug site, but would like to link directly to the new style of slideshow. However, I'm struggling to find any info relating to this (I have dug around and searched on here, but nothing is jumping out at me).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave.
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    You can get the slideshow URL from the "share photos" link on the page.

(NB: the slideshow will not go full-screen when linked from the URL. Instead, it will fill the browser window)
    edited April 9, 2008
    Thanks for the reply - however, I should have been clearer - it was a link to the full screen version that I was looking for. Is that possible?
    edited April 12, 2008
    Hi - anyone any suggestions for this - a link to the full screen slideshow?

Thanks,

Dave.
    DavidWoof wrote:
    Thanks for the reply - however, I should have been clearer - it was a link to the full screen version that I was looking for. Is that possible?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    DavidWoof wrote:
    Hi - anyone any suggestions for this - a link to the full screen slideshow?

Thanks,

Dave.
    Here's the sharing link.

It fills the browser, no matter how big.
    You'll need to have easy sharing enabled in your gallery to have this feautre: http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-sharing
    edited April 12, 2008
    Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. However, I'm actually looking for a link to open the slideshow full-screen as per clicking on the link from within a gallery.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave.
    Andy wrote:
    Here's the sharing link.

It fills the browser, no matter how big.
    You'll need to have easy sharing enabled in your gallery to have this feautre: http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-sharing
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2008
    DavidWoof wrote:
    Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. However, I'm actually looking for a link to open the slideshow full-screen as per clicking on the link from within a gallery.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave.
    There is no such link. Sorry.
    edited April 12, 2008
    OK - thanks all the same.

Dave.
    Andy wrote:
    There is no such link. Sorry.