Larger side by side views of photos

work2fishwork2fish Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited February 3, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to configure a gallery for side-by-side views of two images. smugmug's "journal" style is close to what I want, but I'd like to see the images closer to each other and larger.

Does anybody have a recommendation as to how to go about doing this? I would rather not open up two browser windows due to screen size limitations...

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited February 3, 2008
    work2fish wrote:
    Hello,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to configure a gallery for side-by-side views of two images. smugmug's "journal" style is close to what I want, but I'd like to see the images closer to each other and larger.

Does anybody have a recommendation as to how to go about doing this? I would rather not open up two browser windows due to screen size limitations...

Thanks in advance,
    How many images are you talking about? Just two, or are there more? Is this a special case gallery, or something you want to do all of the time?

I'm not aware of an existing style that does what you want, but if it's a sometime thing as opposed to an all-the-time thing, you could use an html-only gallery formatted as you desire. I have two examples of html-only galleries on my site which you can see by using the Kaleidoscope and Gallery navbar entries.

If you use an html-only gallery you can display two images side-by-side in any size that you'd like.

--- Denise
  • work2fishwork2fish Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    How many images are you talking about? Just two, or are there more? Is this a special case gallery, or something you want to do all of the time?

I'm not aware of an existing style that does what you want, but if it's a sometime thing as opposed to an all-the-time thing, you could use an html-only gallery formatted as you desire. I have two examples of html-only galleries on my site which you can see by using the Kaleidoscope and Gallery navbar entries.

If you use an html-only gallery you can display two images side-by-side in any size that you'd like.

--- Denise

Denise,

Thanks so much for the help! To answer your questions, I would only want to display two images and it is a special-purpose gallery for comparing photos from different cameras and lens combinations. I located the FAQ which describes how to create an HTML gallery and will work from there.

Regards,
    Mike