Inspired

Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
edited February 6, 2008 in Holy Macro
A while back i saw a beautifull series of shots of this flower (Iris Pallida illyrica) and yesterday i came across the same flower. hopefully you're not bored with the same flower but here is my take on it. the last photo is honey-sweet bokeh just to please the eye :wink

250825995-XL-1.jpg

250826600-XL-1.jpg

250827199-XL-1.jpg

250824051-XL-1.jpg

all with reverse macro kit lens. what do you think? suggestions for improvement are always appreciated! :lust
Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2008
    A while back i saw a beautifull series of shots of this flower (Iris Pallida illyrica) and yesterday i came across the same flower. hopefully you're not bored with the same flower but here is my take on it. the last photo is honey-sweet bokeh just to please the eye mwink.gif

all with reverse macro kit lens. what do you think? suggestions for improvement are always appreciated! iloveyou.gif

Actually out of all those shots I like the last one the most.

The first three don't really do a lot for me,
    my eye wants to see more of the image in focus.

The last image looks nicely isolated, delicate, and very pretty colours,
    I find that most appealing nod.gif

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2008
    hahah well thats no problem! :D

that gives me some motivation to try to get a larger focusplane or maybe some stacking... rolleyes1.gif

thanks for the comment skippy, this way i can grow in my skills (hopefully) thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2008
    Like the last one - the limited DOF works well. Think with the others the limited DOF makes it difficult/confusing to actually work out what the main centre of attention is.
    I'm not normally fond of limited DOF flower shots so my normal reaction to trying to capture scenes like this is to focus stack as you suggest but you can still run into the problems to what the centre of attention is.

Brian V.
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2008
    The last one is beautiful. Kind of a restful,calming feeling.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker