"Mass" direct links to photographs in album?

boulderNardoboulderNardo Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
edited February 4, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hey folks,

just finished my 2 week trial with SmugMug and I'm considering to continue and upgrade to a Standard or Power User account - however, I have a quick question before doing so. I'm looking for a feature that I would really need but could not find in my 2 weeks of trial...

... I want to be able to upload n number of pictures to my SmugMug account in an album and then have a list of the direct links to ALL images in that album. So far I had to view each individual image, click on properties and manually copy/paste that direct link.

Is there such a feature built-in, or did anybody code a plugin/tool that extracts those direct links, or would it be relatively easy to do so myself (given I'm an experienced software engineer)...?

Appreciate any input!
-bernardo
Canon 1D MkII, Canon 17-40 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 50 f/1.4, Canon 100 f/2
Bogen 055XPROB
Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed AS, FreeLite A, Skyports, 3x Vivitar 285HV

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2008
    Hey folks,

just finished my 2 week trial with SmugMug and I'm considering to continue and upgrade to a Standard or Power User account - however, I have a quick question before doing so. I'm looking for a feature that I would really need but could not find in my 2 weeks of trial...

... I want to be able to upload n number of pictures to my SmugMug account in an album and then have a list of the direct links to ALL images in that album. So far I had to view each individual image, click on properties and manually copy/paste that direct link.

Is there such a feature built-in, or did anybody code a plugin/tool that extracts those direct links, or would it be relatively easy to do so myself (given I'm an experienced software engineer)...?

Appreciate any input!
    -bernardo

There may be a better way, but you could click on the RSS feed at the bottom of the gallery, then do a view page source in your browser and the feed source will contain all the links to all the sizes and you can copy/paste what you want.

The API can also give you a list of the links in a gallery and you could do everything you want in a browser (no programming), but you'd have to get an API key and figure out which query would do what you want.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • boulderNardoboulderNardo Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2008
    Cool, thanks! That's all I needed to know, that there exists an API for exactly such features ... shouldn't take me long to figure out how to extract the links I want. Thanks so much & just upgraded my account :)
    Canon 1D MkII, Canon 17-40 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 50 f/1.4, Canon 100 f/2
    Bogen 055XPROB
    Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed AS, FreeLite A, Skyports, 3x Vivitar 285HV
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2008
    Also, if you look at the album in "All Thumbs" mode, the source will contain links to all of the -Ti sized photos. You just need to replace the -Ti with the size that you require.