Incidental Portrait

gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
edited March 26, 2005 in People
I was doing a photo session with a good friend who let me, this amateur, do the cover portraits for his last two novels. Having the acknowledgement for the photos in his books is one of the thrills of my life. We were shooting out on the deck. When we were finished I walked into the house and his daughter was standing there. I asked if I could take a quick shot - here it is.

regards,

Gary

3765113-M.jpg

Comments

• PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    it is a side often less pictured :) I like it.
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    it is a side often less pictured :) I like it.
    I am not clear on which side you refer to. Could you clarify? I appreciate that you like it. Do you mean the teenage punk thing?

regards,

Gary
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    I just watched the DVD "The Incredibles" last night. She reminds me of the daughter in the film (except for the whole animated thing . . .).

Interesting study, Gary.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    Ya you see a lot of photos especially in here where they are very clean skin and very perfected to an image of being "good". Which is not a bad thing and the pictures here are excellent but i havnt seen as many of the "bad" girl pictures :)
    edited March 22, 2005
    I just watched the DVD "The Incredibles" last night. She reminds me of the daughter in the film (except for the whole animated thing . . .).

Interesting study, Gary.
    You know...I think you're on to something. I certainly see now that you bring it up.

regards,

Gary
    edited March 22, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Ya you see a lot of photos especially in here where they are very clean skin and very perfected to an image of being "good". Which is not a bad thing and the pictures here are excellent but i havnt seen as many of the "bad" girl pictures :)
    Now I get it. Thanks for clarifying! Here's my son 's former girlfriend. I think she has a bit of the same vibe.

2280844-M.jpg
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    Neat photo, gp. She doesn't look too friendly. :uhoh
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
    edited March 26, 2005
    Neat photo, gp. She doesn't look too friendly. :uhoh
    She was a good kid. They have gone their separate ways, but she was quite photogenic.

Thanks,

Gary
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2005
    gpgold wrote:
    She was a good kid. They have gone their separate ways, but she was quite photogenic.

Thanks,

Gary
    thumb.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg