SOLD: 300mm 4L IS

ToshTosh Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited February 6, 2008 in House of Canon
SOLD

My 300 4L IS will be 1 year old on February 16th (USA model from B&H). It is in at least mint+ condition. Includes original box and all items originally contained therein.

This lens just returned from Canon Service. I called Canon because I noticed the stem of the screw to the tripod collar had a slight crack in its paint. I just wanted them to mail me the new screw, but they made me send in the entire lens, not just the collar. The upside was that apart from replacing the screw, they checked and cleaned it. The entire lens now looks brand new.

I used this lens last spring for soccer and I found it to be extremely sharp wide open . Here's a link to a gallery containing some of my 300 4L IS shots. All are wide open at f/4. The two shots of the running soccer players are with the TE 1.4X, so they are f/5.6. http://GTIkeda.smugmug.com/gallery/2897074/1/211632989

I’m selling this lens because I just sold my MK3. I am picking up a D300 for field sports to go along with my 5D. I shoot with both systems.

$930 shipped to CONUS locations. I’ll ship to other locations for additional cost. Paypal e-check, money order, personal check, or anything that avoids a fee is desired. For regular Paypal payment, add 3%.

I've sold lots of gear on Miranda, the old Galbraith, Nikonians, and Nikon Cafe over the past several years (user name Tosh). My eBay user name is Daddybowaddy (compliments of my then 4 year old daughter). I have a 100% rating there on 90+ mostly photographic transactions.

The best way to contact me is through email: gtikeda at gmail.com.

Thanks for looking.

Glenn