Latest soccer collage

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited February 9, 2008 in Sports
Once again I was drafted to take the team and individual portraits. Despite my pleas, the only date available was on a bright, sunny day at 11:00. With the strong, Florida sun beating down, I was sweating, not from the heat, but because I wasn't sure how the photos were turning out. I literally could not view the LCD on the back of my D2Xs. I could make out the histogram (barely).

The harsh light made for some strong shadows.

Each girl got an 8x10
251056338-L.jpg

Portrait
251059162-L.jpg

Some action!
251059779-L.jpg

Love the hair even though the face is in the shadows
251059693-L.jpg

Concentration.
251055973-L.jpg

Comments

• dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2008
    thumb.gif
    you done goodclap.gifclap.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    considering the lighting I think they look great

way better than the crap my brother's league have to deal with (the official photog of school and sports in Kenai/Soldotna, Alaska leaves a lot to be desired... my brother always goes from blue eyed blonde haired and freckles to orange hair green or brown eyes and pastey white albino boy!)
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Nice work, Mitchell. I miss soccer - haven't shot sports action for sooooo long, I am really missing it!

ann
  • frozenropefrozenrope Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    tonichelle wrote:
    considering the lighting I think they look great

way better than the crap my brother's league have to deal with (the official photog of school and sports in Kenai/Soldotna, Alaska leaves a lot to be desired... my brother always goes from blue eyed blonde haired and freckles to orange hair green or brown eyes and pastey white albino boy!)

I know a great shooter in the Anchorage area - Eagle River. Is that too far away from your brother?ne_nau.gif
    Randy
    SHARPSHOOTER sports photography
    Canon Digital Gear
    Click here to Visit my website
    edited February 9, 2008
    my brother is in Kenai, which is about 3 hours away by car...

it's not a big deal, considering I normally end up going to a couple of games and I can take the pictures (which really ticks the photog off from what I understand... I've been a second eye at a wedding that she shot and she was VERY rude even though she said she had no problem with me being a second eye at the reception ne_nau.gif )

for his school pictures (Which she also does the school photos) my mom just lets them take the photo for the yearbook and his school ID and then she calls me to take his pictures (I'm in Anchorage at the moment myself lol)
  • frozenropefrozenrope Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    tonichelle wrote:
    my brother is in Kenai, which is about 3 hours away by car...

it's not a big deal, considering I normally end up going to a couple of games and I can take the pictures (which really ticks the photog off from what I understand... I've been a second eye at a wedding that she shot and she was VERY rude even though she said she had no problem with me being a second eye at the reception ne_nau.gif )

for his school pictures (Which she also does the school photos) my mom just lets them take the photo for the yearbook and his school ID and then she calls me to take his pictures (I'm in Anchorage at the moment myself lol)

OK, just thought I'd pass along his info in case it would be helpful. thumb.gif
    Randy
    SHARPSHOOTER sports photography
    Canon Digital Gear
    Click here to Visit my website
    edited February 9, 2008
    and I appreciate the info! :) I was born and raised in South Central, AK so I know of quite a few of the photogs in the area...

all are so much better than I am... but as mom says, "I'm cheap!" ;)