Options

I'm new here.

TheCoolerKingTheCoolerKing Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited February 7, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hey there.
I been shooting since I was a high school sophomore. Shooting film through a poor photography program at my school.

I'm now a student at RIT for Photojournalism.
Right now I'm currently deciding if I should stick with PJ or go ad photo.
I'm a huge film buff and I because of that I also want to go into filmmaking.

I currently have been shooting digitally as of late with a Nikon D80. I noticed a lot of problems with it. A lot of noise, and out of focus.

Its aggravating for someone like me who is going through classes and as I go on more and more people are counting on my photography. Its a crappy feeling to feel insecure about your own work all the time (but this might be normal).

I hope to learn here along with what I am being tought in school with problems that I come across. And I'll try to help out others as well.

My current projects is that I have to do a huge fashion shoot. I'm finding that the hardest thing is to find reliable models along with getting everyones schedule matching up.
I'm shooting it mostly on-location (I'm able to shoot in an Italian restaurant) and I found I dont do too strong with that. Mostly with the natural light along with the portiable strobe lighting.
Any help on this will be much welcomed, I plan on shooting this on Tuesday the 12th. I'm excited, yet nervous.

If you'd like to see more of my work I got some up on my dA...both new and old (very old).
http://tehcoolerking.deviantart.com/

Feel free to tell me what you think. I'm very used to critques.
haha

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Hey there.
    I been shooting since I was a high school sophomore. Shooting film through a poor photography program at my school.

I'm now a student at RIT for Photojournalism.
    Right now I'm currently deciding if I should stick with PJ or go ad photo.
    I'm a huge film buff and I because of that I also want to go into filmmaking.

I currently have been shooting digitally as of late with a Nikon D80. I noticed a lot of problems with it. A lot of noise, and out of focus.

Its aggravating for someone like me who is going through classes and as I go on more and more people are counting on my photography. Its a crappy feeling to feel insecure about your own work all the time (but this might be normal).

I hope to learn here along with what I am being tought in school with problems that I come across. And I'll try to help out others as well.

My current projects is that I have to do a huge fashion shoot. I'm finding that the hardest thing is to find reliable models along with getting everyones schedule matching up.
    I'm shooting it mostly on-location (I'm able to shoot in an Italian restaurant) and I found I dont do too strong with that. Mostly with the natural light along with the portiable strobe lighting.
    Any help on this will be much welcomed, I plan on shooting this on Tuesday the 12th. I'm excited, yet nervous.

If you'd like to see more of my work I got some up on my dA...both new and old (very old).
    http://tehcoolerking.deviantart.com/

Feel free to tell me what you think. I'm very used to critques.
    haha

Hi there Aaron and welcome to the Dgrin Forum.
    I had a quick look at the link you provided in your post.
    Got some good shots there thumb.gif

I know nothing about photographing Models ne_nau.gif
    actually I very rarely ever photograph people.

Hopefully others will see your post and offer you some good tips.

In the mean time I hope you enjoy the forums,
    and you should go look in the PEOPLE forum, you'll probably find some very useful information over there thumb.gif

Thanks for for posting ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin