Duke Vs. Hopkins Lacrosse

hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited February 7, 2008 in Sports
THese are from last spring. Clouds on and off but i think they came out okay. Critique please! thanks and enjoy!

dsc0114uc0.jpg

dsc0113jr5.jpg

dsc0097ct1.jpg

dsc0062vn5.jpg

dsc0050vc9.jpg

dsc0045dj1.jpg

dsc0039pu5.jpg

dsc0024uf9.jpg

dsc0035wr4.jpg

Nikon D50 55-200mm f/4 Lens
www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod

Comments

• gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    I think you got some nice shots there. The background is a little disturbing in some of them with the crowd but none the less they are sharp...nice job
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com
  • oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Nice action in these
    Crop tighter watch your horizons
    and if you can stop down to 2.8-3.5 will help with distracting backgrounds
    also D50 is not the fastest focusing body so be patient before pulling the trigger
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    4 years as an undergrad, 4 more working for the university and I still have never watched a lacrosse game lol3.gif

Thanks for enlightening me! :D
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    ..and I still have never watched a lacrosse game.

eek7.gif No lacrosse? I didn't know there was anything else at Hopkins other than lacrosse. I thought that medical school stuff was just a cover...

You may have to wander by--it would be interesting to see lax through schmoo's perspective!
    Regards

Will
    schmoo wrote:
    4 years as an undergrad, 4 more working for the university and I still have never watched a lacrosse game lol3.gif

Thanks for enlightening me! :D
    Other than hoop at Cameron Indoor Stadium, you are missing one of the great things about your university and after what happened two years ago, they deserve support. Duke lax rocks ( and I'm objective -- my kid plays in the Ivy League). Go see them and have some fun shooting them! In my somewhat biased opinion, lax, more than any other sport, begets GREAT sports images.
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    wmstumme wrote:
    eek7.gif No lacrosse? I didn't know there was anything else at Hopkins other than lacrosse. I thought that medical school stuff was just a cover...

You may have to wander by--it would be interesting to see lax through schmoo's perspective!
    Well Wm, one of us guessed wrong about schmoo's alma mater. I'm guessing it's me since she's in B'more now, so I will retract all my Duke-specific references while reaffirming my more general comments (and thereby seconding yours as well).

It's lacrosse season dude!!!!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif wm was right, I am from Hopkins. I'm not much of a sports-goer, I admit, but I had great fun a few months ago shooting a random rugby game. It's difficult to get abstract shots in sports but the adrenaline can't be beat. thumb.gif

Speaking of shots, I really like the 5th one down with the players suspended in air. Great capture!!