Love to get feedback. Thanks!
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    nice neil!

nice texture though not too much thumb.gif

some would say "the arm is cut off" but with the lines i don't really mind that much. nicely up close and personal thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Thanks, Chrissiebeez.

Yes the arm was a problem. I am very new to doing this kind of shoot (to digital photography generally!). I was very nervous and the subject, while wonderful!, was also inexperienced. I didn't feel comfortable about being too painstaking over any one shot. I was trying to take shots as things flowed. So making adjustments on the fly was a real challenge! This photo along with a half-dozen others were shot after a position move and I hadn't reset my camera settings. It was way underexposed. Recovering the shadow details while maintaining overall quality was a big challenge. I couldn't avoid some noise, however.

nice neil!

nice texture though not too much thumb.gif

some would say "the arm is cut off" but with the lines i don't really mind that much. nicely up close and personal thumb.gif

• slodaveslodave Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Small issue, make sure jewelry clasps (necklace) are out of sight. Other than that, nice.
    Dave

On a steep learning curve...
    Nikon D100, Nikon 18-135mm, Tamron 5.6 200-400mm
    edited February 7, 2008
    Thanks for the tip, slodave! Another detail to add to the mental checklist (sigh)!

slodave wrote:
    Small issue, make sure jewelry clasps (necklace) are out of sight. Other than that, nice.

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Just a thought
    NeilL wrote:
    I was very nervous and the subject, while wonderful!, was also inexperienced. I didn't feel comfortable about being too painstaking over any one shot. I was trying to take shots as things flowed.
    I've found, FOR ME, that when I'm nervous and I don't control it, the model get nervous or can loose confidence in the photog. When I find myself falling into that "spiral of death" I found that stepping back and taking a breath helps. While I do this, I make like I'm considering/contemplating the shot, looking for those details that need to be corrected.

So far, doing this has done nothing but improved the shot and the confidence of my clients in my ability to do the job.

All that aside, I think this shot is very, very nice. I like the play of shadows across her face - gives her character and also accentuates her beauty.
    edited February 7, 2008
    Yes, helpful thoughts from your experience, Scott_Quier. Many thanks!

I've found, FOR ME, that when I'm nervous and I don't control it, the model get nervous or can loose confidence in the photog. When I find myself falling into that "spiral of death" I found that stepping back and taking a breath helps. While I do this, I make like I'm considering/contemplating the shot, looking for those details that need to be corrected.

So far, doing this has done nothing but improved the shot and the confidence of my clients in my ability to do the job.

All that aside, I think this shot is very, very nice. I like the play of shadows across her face - gives her character and also accentuates her beauty.