Should I Edit?

JperryJperry Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited February 7, 2008 in People
I really like this photo, and while I know those are soap bubbles on his face, are they distracting? Should I PS them out? They seem to look random if you don't know the context, I think.

247016144-M.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Hm .. I think you shoudl take it out. LOVE the photo, but since you don't get any info as of what it might be (you don't see the context) you won't appriciate the photo.

Also, (since the background is white) .... I think I would make the photo vertical - since he's looking up it has that kind of direction already. (But that's just my opinion).

Again, love the photo!
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    I don't think you should take out the soap. I think you should take your imige back through post and set a black point so you can see the detail in the soap.

Right now, w/o the black point, the soap just looks like deformity. But setting the black point will bring out the detail and I think make it a cute shot.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    I think it could use a little tweaking. The blackpoint is probably a good idea, I would add some soap bubbles floating in the air and maybe a dark(er) backround too.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • JperryJperry Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 7, 2008
    I will try resetting the black point and see how much detail comes back out. My flash completely blew out everything remotely white, including the surrounding tub & tile (which isnt all that white in the first place). I think he's only showing up because he's brown. :D