Options

Smugmug Explorer: version 0.1.0.102

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
The long-promised version is now uploaded.

This is the first one to feature a local cache (and databse support in general).

Check the history for details.

It took me awhile to pick up proper DB engine, and most of the time was spent on a framework.

For now the "only" two benefits are:
  1. Once albums and categories are downloaded, all next launches will be much faster since all the data is already cached locally.
  2. PRO users can now save the data into separate database and use it with MS Access (I simply had to add something more than an obscure "cache:)
More changes are coming..:-)
Cheers!:1drink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    edited March 21, 2005
    Update (build 0.1.0.103)
    Forgot to add newly created albums to the local cacheumph.gif .Fixed. Sorry.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    way to go Nikolai
    Hey Nikolai,
    according to Who's online you spent quite some time in your thread here waiting for responses?! rolleyes1.gif I guess everybody's just so stunned by your new release. thumb.gif
    I already did this unofficially, but now I'll make it official.
    Thanks again for a unbeliviably fast implementation of my feature wish!

I requested the nice little feature to keep SE from popping up after a successful upload, which it always did when I was laying on my couch watching a movie. After the request I went to bed and thanks to the time difference Nik could continue working on it and the next morning my wish had come true! clap.gifthumb.gif1drink.gif

Keep up the great work!
    Sebastianbeer.gif Nik
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2005
    Thanks!
    Hey Nikolai,
    according to Who's online you spent quite some time in your thread here waiting for responses?! rolleyes1.gif I guess everybody's just so stunned by your new release. thumb.gif
    I already did this unofficially, but now I'll make it official.
    Thanks again for a unbeliviably fast implementation of my feature wish!

I requested the nice little feature to keep SE from popping up after a successful upload, which it always did when I was laying on my couch watching a movie. After the request I went to bed and thanks to the time difference Nik could continue working on it and the next morning my wish had come true! clap.gifthumb.gif1drink.gif

Keep up the great work!
    Sebastianbeer.gif Nik
    :D
    I usually leave one of the broser windows open in the "new version" thread or around, so I can quickly refresh it and see if there is an emergency..

Glad to be able to comply. I wish all the requests were that easy:): .

At any rate, now that I have cache framework done (took almost 2 months counting all the R&D I had to do), new things will be coming up sooner :-)

Cheers!beer.gif
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2005
    300 hits per day!
    With 8,700+ total hits and counting, today was the very first time when Smugmug Explorer broke 300 hits per day barrier:

17994151-L.jpg

Thanks, everybody!thumb.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif