beach shinnanigans

nedlA kraMnedlA kraM Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited February 9, 2008 in People
These are just a few photos I took while having a day at the beach, in most of them i caught them unawares...i like the vibrance of colour i got out of them

quiet contemplation

118.jpg

i wish i had better editing tools to cut the people out of this one

075.jpg

I think he was happy :wink

051.jpg

intimate

049.jpg

026.jpg

rejection or happiness?

030.jpg
Life only happens once....so capture it

Comments

• nedlA kraMnedlA kraM Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    whats this 30 views and no comments or critisisms c'mon grinners get on the ball eek7.gif
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    woah a sunny beach!...Could need some of that here in this darn cold country!

I like the pics, unaware photos are the best imo. And about that one with the people you wanna cut out..Well keep em, cause it says alot to the pic. The only thin that is kinda ennoying is the leg or what ever it is to the left of HER leg...hehe you can cut that one out kinda easy i think.

About the comments?...Well there are quite a bunch of lurkers, so just let them lurk =).

Nice photosession..

// Arvid
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif There are a lot of people that view the photos but are registered to post comments. Don't let that worry you.

As far as the shots- I like the the first one and the last the best. The 3 close up really don't do anything for me though. ne_nau.gif

Agree with Arvan about the people in the second shot- I think they help. Think this would have been better even a little wider- get both of her feet and even her head.

Just my thoughts-
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    30:1 (views:comments) is pretty normal. Don't feel neglectedmwink.gif
    I like the feel of #1, but please, level the durn horizon for us. A slightly tilted horizon is seldom an artistic statement, so don't even try.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
    edited February 8, 2008
    Thanks for the compliments and ideas guys

I didn't even notice the horizon in the first one lol sorry my mistake

As for the 2nd one the leg that you want cut out was actually what i was trying to photograph because we were sandboarding but she just happened to run in front of the camera when the shutter went off and wha-laa...
    So i'm afraid I can't get both her feet and head in as this is pretty much as it was....i just with shots like that could be planned !!!
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Ahhhh, sun and sand! Wish I were there. Fun shots.

On the second one, I also like the people. My suggestion is to crop the left some, placing the subject less in the center. I did the hand as frame trick and I think that'll help the photo.

I also like the volleyball shots.

Now, can you arrange to send some of that this way? (-20C and snowing AGAIN)

ann
    edited February 8, 2008
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Ahhhh, sun and sand! Wish I were there. Fun shots.

On the second one, I also like the people. My suggestion is to crop the left some, placing the subject less in the center. I did the hand as frame trick and I think that'll help the photo.

I also like the volleyball shots.

Now, can you arrange to send some of that this way? (-20C and snowing AGAIN)

ann

Haha yea i gotta say I don't envy that -20c

Hand as frame trick??? sorry im new to photography

thanks for the comment
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Nice!
    That towel/butt shot? I really like it -- people and all. I can see where you might think it makes the shot a bit complex, but I think they add some context. Bring more life to the subject.

The one with the pinkish sungallsses has potential too. Sure would be nice if you could clean up the lenses a bit, but that's a tough one.

You have a good eye and you're not affraid to experiment. Great formula for a shooter, if you ask me.
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
    edited February 8, 2008
    xris wrote:
    That towel/butt shot? I really like it -- people and all. I can see where you might think it makes the shot a bit complex, but I think they add some context. Bring more life to the subject.

The one with the pinkish sungallsses has potential too. Sure would be nice if you could clean up the lenses a bit, but that's a tough one.

You have a good eye and you're not affraid to experiment. Great formula for a shooter, if you ask me.
    thumb.gif

Thanks mate I think i've been convinced to keep the people in the shot now!!:D
    Once I get a half decent editing program i'll give the lens' a go but right now ive only got Picassa which came free with the computer!!

thanks again
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Try GIMP
    nedlA kraM wrote:
    ...Once I get a half decent editing program i'll give the lens' a go but right now ive only got Picassa which came free with the computer!!thanks again
    Try GIMP. It's free AND it works. A bit frustrating at the beginning, but very powerful. Windows and Linux versions available.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
    edited February 9, 2008
    xris wrote:
    Try GIMP. It's free AND it works. A bit frustrating at the beginning, but very powerful. Windows and Linux versions available.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/
    thumb.gif

Cheers i'll give it a go