New Portrait Website....wanna look??

Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited February 10, 2008 in People
We finally my new website is up and running anyone want to take a look???

www.stepheniedamephotography.com
Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
BLOG

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Oh how sleek! LOVE your site, very nice! clap.gif

(Just a tiney little thing ... you don't see the title for "families" & "tots" very well in the "main gallery", maybe you could change the text to white ...)

Congrats to the new page!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Congrats! Very nice site!! I like the simplicity....not too complicated and easy to maneuver. You don't mention in the pricing when the balance of the payment is due, (whether it is due upon shooting or not.) You post very large (nice to view!) shots in your blog which could easily be screen-captured. Your watermark isn't so intrusive that this would deter people from copying and hinder sales of prints. I hope you're getting paid before blogging!!! The only things I noticed was the category labels are difficult to read on the gallery main page (the sliding shots) and I wasn't sure if the calendar was functional or just a calendar...it's a little odd the way it laps over into the next month. Other than that, I really like your site. Good luck in your venture! thumb.gif
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Ouch. First thing I saw on your homepage. You have maternity spelled materninty.

OK, now I'll go back and start looking:D
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • PeasapPeasap Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Website
    Looks great very smooth.

Paul
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Looks very nice, Stephenie! I like the colors and layout. I agree with Saurora that some of your titles on the Galleries page are tough to make out. Also, the contact page is difficult to navigate...the info boxes aren't a contrasting color, so it's hard to tell where to enter info. If you guess and click in the right spot, the title for that box disappears into the background color. (Hope that made sense.)

Congrats on a beautiful new site! I hope business booms! :D
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Lol I was looking through your website and all of a sudden made the connection. Was the picture of LM that gave it away. Love it! Great look, easy flow from each section. thumb.gif
    **Taking the moments one shot at a time**
    ~Working with my Nikon D80~
    <My dream is to be the kind of mother, my kids already think I am>
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    The only other thing I noticed was that you put copywright instead of copyright. Which to my understanding are two different things. Isn't that right? ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    The calendar - to what use are you planning to put this? Is it for the clients to book? For them to know if you are available on a given day? Also, the arrows are the same color as the background, making it impossible for your guests to navigate.
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Thanks everyone you all you imput and help I changed some of my mistakes mwink.gif Some of the things I cannot change like arrow colors ne_nau.gif As for the calendar it shows when I am avavilable but I have been closed....off to fill in my calendar =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Be proud of it iloveyou.gif the necessary edits are minor, and the overall feel of the website is fresh and interesting. It will definitely draw people in to see more of what you have to offer. Very nice!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Cuties02q wrote:
    Thanks everyone you all you imput and help I changed some of my mistakes mwink.gif Some of the things I cannot change like arrow colors ne_nau.gif As for the calendar it shows when I am avavilable but I have been closed....off to fill in my calendar =)
    If you can't change the arrow colors, may I suggest you change the color of the background upon which they appear. You need to make it easy for your visitors to navigate your site.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    The site looks great! Mind if I ask what did you build in?
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Thanks!
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    EDIT:
    I posted it looks like a bludomain template but deleted the post since I wasn't sure if the OP wanted to reveal where it came from. There are also a few startups that piggybacked on the bludomain wave so my guess is exactly that, a guess.

I'm posting this back up so no one thinks Travis talks to squirrels!:D

BTW:
    Bludomain boasts that it is fully editable. This isn't really true though. Bludomain doesn't release the .fla files that actually create the visible site. They just allow you to change the environment variables.