Comments

• photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    the thread that won't die.

at least we get to look at photo #1 everyday
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    JohnDC wrote:
    There is also the same phenomenon in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. (the states of Oregon and Washington). Women there tend to be more natural, and beautiful, too.

headscratch.gif I live in (and shoot) in Oregon and ALWAYS use an MUA (makeup artist) for my shoots. Even shoots with guys!

A good MUA who works regularly with photographers can really help. There are many different makeup tricks (and products) used specifically for photography. When subjects do their own makeup, it's almost always noticable.

Even "natural" looking shots generally have MUA's and post-processing-- they key is to make it all look natural (even though it's not). Here's a recent example:

92070497.jpg

P.S. I like the OP shots-- but do tend to agree-- there's a bit much post work. Have you checked out "Skin" by Lee Varis? Lots of good tips in there on natural looking post work.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• muyguapomuyguapo Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    photodoug wrote:
    the thread that won't die. at least we get to look at photo #1 everyday

I'm on some photography forums where some threads have been going on for 2+ years.
  • brianhanleybrianhanley Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    photodoug.. the girl is like 12.. thats gross
    Nikon D50 brianhanley.com
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Wow I looked back here and just saw that this post is still going.
    Glad I was able to provoke some nice discussion.
    The girl in the first picture is 17, a junior in high school, a very nice religious girl who was just having some fun.