Ruh-roh, Reorge! Watermarking option MIA???

PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
edited February 10, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Well, I'm a bit baffled here gang, as tonight I tried to upload a couple images and noticed that my usual watermarks were not getting put on each image like they should automatically.

So, I then went to try and manually add the watermark the individual photo set in my [photo tools] bar. But alas, it was not in its usual spot? A little help here please :)

252397994_sDNua-X3.jpg
Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
Master Of Sushi Noms
Amateur CSS Dork

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:
    Well, I'm a bit baffled here gang, as tonight I tried to upload a couple images and noticed that my usual watermarks were not getting put on each image like they should automatically.

So, I then went to try and manually add the watermark the individual photo set in my [photo tools] bar. But alas, it was not in its usual spot? A little help here please :)

252397994_sDNua-X3.jpg
    Hello wave.gif

I don't know what the actual photo is that you are trying to watermark, but I'm going to guess that it is not meeting our requirements. It needs to be more than 800px on the longest side for it to be watermarked. See also: http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection

I hope this helps. If not, please link me to the photo ear.gif
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    Ivar, generally I've been using these these watermarks and never had a problem. The dimensions are over the required size (all at or above 2400x3600 approx)

The weird thing for me is, I've tried uploading photos to both older albums AND a new album and had the same issue. Could this be something to do with the upgrades from last night?

243455196_N6dWK-M.png

96477766_NxN8S-M.jpg
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:
    Ivar, generally I've been using these these watermarks and never had a problem. The dimensions are over the required size (all at or above 2400x3600 approx)

The weird thing for me is, I've tried uploading photos to both older albums AND a new album and had the same issue. Could this be something to do with the upgrades from last night?

I'm not sure to be honest. Can you give me a link to the photos that do not want to be watermarked? ear.gif
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    I'm not sure to be honest. Can you give me a link to the photos that do not want to be watermarked? ear.gif

Oh good lord Ivar, maybe its the lack of sleep, maybe its my boneheaded brain today, but if I would have just read your text better, I would have remembered that the photos being "uploaded" need to be at least 800px across. Ugh. Anyway, problem solved (I uploaded a full size photo and voila, there was the watermark)

Can you delete this horribly embarrassing thread and I promise I'll go to bed here (5am here)

Thanks for the help bud!
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    I had a problem yesterday too. It would only use the stock SM watermark on a new gallery I uploaded to and not my own Watermark. Then magically, it fixed itself.
    Pezpix wrote:
    Oh good lord Ivar, maybe its the lack of sleep, maybe its my boneheaded brain today, but if I would have just read your text better, I would have remembered that the photos being "uploaded" need to be at least 800px across. Ugh. Anyway, problem solved (I uploaded a full size photo and voila, there was the watermark)

Can you delete this horribly embarrassing thread and I promise I'll go to bed here (5am here)

Thanks for the help bud!
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:

Thanks for the help bud!

Too late...we all know now... thumb.giflol3

Which, btw, brings up a point I wish we could do...to actually be able to delete a thread/post after we did something embarrassing...kinda like the OP here... lol3.gif
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Too late...we all know now... thumb.giflol3

Which, btw, brings up a point I wish we could do...to actually be able to delete a thread/post after we did something embarrassing...kinda like the OP here... lol3.gif
    We don't delete threads - it's no big deal, and Pez can have a cookie and laugh at himself, nobody else is laughing - people have the same issues all the time, they'll see this, and then learn too thumb.gif

wave.gif Pez we love you!

(wife just made amazing oatmeal cookies).
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Andy wrote:

(wife just made amazing oatmeal cookies).

Whats your secret Andy!?! I can't get the wife to bake cookies to save my life!!

I'd sure like a cookie... :eat binge.gif

Yeah yeah, I know... :tough
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."