First Parakart Race of the Season

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited February 10, 2008 in Sports
The first Pararkart (buggy) race of the season was at Westward Ho Devon today (its actually over two days but winds tomorrow look very doubtful). I took over 300 pictures in 3.5hrs and even if I say so myself the pictures I brought home are some of the best I have done since I have had the new camera. Both picture have just had a quick tweak

Here a young lad of 16 (yellow dry suit) try to push his way under a fellow competitor heading into the hairpin

hold_your_ground.jpg

Here a view of the buggy pilote and his kite (on very short lines)

looking%20across.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Tim

Comments

• nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    Good composition, but the pics are too soft. Most likely due to your camera settings. Next time, bump your ISO from 100 to 200-400. Open your aperture from f8-9 , to a wider setting.

This will allow you a faster shutter speed than 1/250 to 1/400. Which is way too slow for a sunny event. (unless you're panning)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    I was doing a bit of both, head on and panning, I would take the head on shot as they approached me then pan them as they when along side and behind me.

Next time I will do head on and then do a selection of pans. I would of done more panning but due to the light winds, when they when they went around the mark (where I was stood) it was all very subdued due to light winds as opposed to last years high winds where you were on the edge of being hauled out of the buggy by the wind or barrell rolling the buggy.

Thanks for the pointers

Tim