FINAL: Thoughts?

Izzy GaravitoIzzy Garavito Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
edited February 11, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey all, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the following portrait. I tried to get the best results from camera. PP was a simple touch-up to soften skin, remove blemishes, and sharpen the eyes/hair/lips. I'd like to get rid of the highlights in the eyes and the ear rings.

good enough to be a contender?

Title: simple, or simplicity, or something like that
Simple_by_IzzyGaravito.jpg

Izzy

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2008
    Beautiful model and a classic composition. What was your movitvation for placing the lights? The very low key light (to camera left) looks a bit odd to me. Personally I prefer to place the key light high enough to get a chin shadow on the neck for separation. If you are looking for simplicity, I'd go for butterfly/Paramount lighting because it is the standard for the high key glamor portrait.
  • OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    rotate
    How about If you rotate the picture a few degrees counter clockwise the eyes will be level and it seems less disconcerting. Most faces if looked at closely are always asymetrical. Sometimes it is good and sometimes depending on the lighting disconcerting.
  • Izzy GaravitoIzzy Garavito Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Hey all, thanks for the response. It was a spontaneous shot that I didn't see until I downloaded them--we were shooting her lying down on a table with a fan and she got up (that's why the lighting was so low key). I'll have her again this next weekend and we'll see what we can cook up, but it's given me some great ideas for the final.

Oh, and super congrats on your SF4 Win!

Izzy