Options

Stats: again

BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited February 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I see the stats are again not showing hits on pictures linked from forums. This thread has had 237 hits, yet the pics show 9 & 8 hits, respectively.

Comments

• Options
    pmalandpmaland Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    BigAl wrote:
    I see the stats are again not showing hits on pictures linked from forums. This thread has had 237 hits, yet the pics show 9 & 8 hits, respectively.

Not just forums. I created a gallery today, saw visitor activity via StatCounter, but the gallery stats show no hits but for thumbnails.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    You are correct. Direct views and also forum links are busted right now. I've called Don.

Sorry for the hassle folks.

EDIT: Reached Don, gonna see what he can do. Sorry again that stats aren't showing right now :(
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    You are correct. Direct views and also forum links are busted right now. I've called Don.

Sorry for the hassle folks.

EDIT: Reached Don, gonna see what he can do. Sorry again that stats aren't showing right now :(
    I see direct page views working fine on the live site now.. but extrenally linked views (via a forum link, for example) are not being counted yet, I'm sorry.

I'll try to find out why and see if that can't be fixed as well.

More as we know it.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I see direct page views working fine on the live site now.. but extrenally linked views (via a forum link, for example) are not being counted yet, I'm sorry.

I'll try to find out why and see if that can't be fixed as well.

More as we know it.
    Happy to report that all stats should be back to normal working order!
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    really?
    Andy wrote:
    Happy to report that all stats should be back to normal working order!

Stats are really working? I have a gallery that's only pictures from Feb 11 and on and it has weird stats. Lots of thumbs. The first picture shows lots of variety in sizes, but almost none of the other pictures. So it has a conversion ratio of like 3%. Most of my galleries from this month are the same ratio. But galleries like this from last month pretty much had a conversion ratio of 24-32%. Either my pictures suck more than normal, or possibly something's odd about my stats.
    ascip.smugmug.com
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Is there a thread already that has info on how to read stats, I know that sounds stupid,
    Last month in my control panel just before the stats refreshed, my photos viewed # was at @ 130,000 , the hits for last month are listed at 324,300 and c~ 63%.
    I'm trying to actively use these #'s to increase sales and figured the more I understood the better.
  • Options
    creativetechguycreativetechguy Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Hi Keith,

Here's our help URL on stats:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/acctreport

Does this help? :)

Tristan
    Support Hero
    SmugMug

beetle8 wrote:
    Is there a thread already that has info on how to read stats, I know that sounds stupid,
    Last month in my control panel just before the stats refreshed, my photos viewed # was at @ 130,000 , the hits for last month are listed at 324,300 and c~ 63%.
    I'm trying to actively use these #'s to increase sales and figured the more I understood the better.
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2008
    I have read that before, a while ago but reread it for update sake. There is a difference in that help page info from what is stated at the bottom of the actual stats page.
    on the help page it says it does not recount revisits but on the bottom of my stat page it says it does.
    in my control panel there is a number listed as photos viewed, it does not match with the totals number on the stat page what does it refer to?
    thank you for your help
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Keith,

You're right - the help page is outdated. Actually, the changed behavior took me by surprize too. I knew that logged in visits weren't counted anymore, but this cached image viewing being logged is a nice change. Still, it seems that it isn't working properly outside of lightbox. I've notified our engineers about that.

Concerning your question on total views, it's been like that for a very long time. The control panel overview number of photos viewed, just gives you the total image views without the thumbnails. The detailed stats show you the total including the thumbnails.

I hope that helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2008
    That's a helpful #, i think bcause the thumbnails just inflate the #,
    "lightbox?"
    That does help thank you very much.