Uploader Recommendation

JarrettJarrett Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited February 17, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I need to upload a ton of photos and am looking for suggestions as to the best way to do this. Here is the situation:

Approximately 17,000 photos, that equal about 36.5GB, divided into about 300 folders. (Windows XP)

I would like to upload them all and have local folders translate into individual galleries.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    If it helps, this tool will allow you to right-click a folder and select "Send to SmugMug". It will then create a new gallery with the same name as the folder, and upload all the images in that folder. As far as I can tell you'd still have to do each folder at a time though.
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Though I wouldn't use "Send to Smugmug" if you use Comcast as your ISP - the program appears to trigger their bandwidth-limitation software.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Star Explorer at www.starexplorer.com I usually upload at least 3,000 photos a weekend. I am up to about 500,000 photos, between a few different smugmug sites. If it hadn't been for it, I would have gone crazy from all the interuptions from the drag & drop uploader (and boy I was starting to). Its was worth every penny in the first week alone!
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Star Explorer at www.starexplorer.com I usually upload at least 3,000 photos a weekend. I am up to about 500,000 photos, between a few different smugmug sites. If it hadn't been for it, I would have gone crazy from all the interuptions from the drag & drop uploader (and boy I was starting to). Its was worth every penny in the first week alone!

15524779-Ti.gif
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    I recently hacked KomodoDrop to do something like what you're asking for...

See if the functionality I describe here is "good enough" for your needs.

If it is shoot me a PM and we can figure out a way to get it to you. thumb.gif