Taken Today

Annie222Annie222 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited February 10, 2008 in People
I took these today of my daughter, who wans to be a model. Any feedback comments would be appreciaed. 252742503_fYUb6-M.jpg

252740015_fsKBb-L.jpg

252736733_n2ZGX-L-1.jpg

252739001_ihgif-L.jpg

252741426_7Rws8-L.jpg

252742292_wSkbo-L.jpg

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    I like the first pic the best, did you crop this one, is it possible to get the top of her head in the shot??

pic 3 I feel there to much white chest\shoulders

pic 5, she looking a little scary

pic 6, I like the pose and sense of fun

Tim
  • FoocharFoochar Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    To my eye most of these lack "pop" especially for "modeling" shots. You may want to take a look at http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2292454/1 for one way to try and give them more pop.

As far as the individual shots go:

1: Fairly standard pose, while some people might not care for the cut off head and elbows, I actually think this crop works for this shot.

2: I think the tan lines detract from the shot, I would try and get rid of them, either through makeup before the shot, or with post processing techniques. I really like the setting for this shot.

3: Again with the tan lines... This shot probably has the most "pop" of the set.

4: Nice pose, but the background just looks like an ugly shade of gray to me in this shot, probably the least appealing background of the set...

5: There seems to be a disconnect between the background and her expression, they just don't seem to go together to me, and once again, the tan lines bug me...

6: To echo draggin I like the sense of fun in this one, although it feels out of place with the rest of the set and their more serious tone...
    --Travis
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Hi, Annie222

She is beautiful, the poses are great.clap.gif
    She looks relaxed in all the photos and that helps IMO.
    I think she will do great as a model.

C & C below:

The tan lines are distracting in photos that show them.
    Photo #2 I don't like how the elbow is cut off.
    photo #4 I would tilt the head down more.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    I love the first one aswell. Would maybe brighten it up a bit ... Very pretty daughter you have there! clap.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    She is a doll....

My favs are the first and last....though I agree they need some pop. The first might benifit...after adding pop...from a slight vignette to darken the elbows...especially the one at camera left.

Least favorites are 4 and 5.

4 is an unflattering angle to photograph from. Frome above usually works, but it is rare the from below works out.

5 doesn't appear very flattering either. There is a very strong shadow from your flash under her chin. The pose doesn't really do it for me either....but.... I see a huge window behind her. Next time open the drapes and have her face the window. The window will provide nice even light as long as direct sunlight isn't pouring in and the catchlights will be incredible.

Thanks for sharing.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Nice set of shots. Mostly underexposed, could use some pop.
    She has excellent bone structure with lots of potential.
    For me...the green eye makeup is not my favorite.

I took a poke at my favorite of the shots and played with it a bit.
    I could'nt do a lot cause I ran out of megapixels on such a small shot.
    Anyway you get the idea.
    I increased the brighness using screen in Elements. Then did a saturation contrast boost, levels adjustment, removed some of the green eye makeup, cleaned and evened the skin a smidge, got rid of the tan lines, fixed the background, darkened down her body and the fence post to make her face the most prominent feature. Cropped. Sharpened a smidge, could not do much due to lack of pixels on the sharpening. Took about 5 minutes.
    Hope you don't mind me messing with it...
    I think she looks amazing in this shot!

252845833_27g9E-O.jpg
  • TaylorVerdeTaylorVerde Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    I have to say I really like the first shot, in my opinion it is the best of them all :D
    I think maybe lightening these photos would make them slightly better also just because some of them seem kind of on the darker side and with the color she is wearing you really want to make this a colorful, bright shot.
    Great series, keep up the good work!
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    I like 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6.
    All look underexposed except for 3. Should be easy to fix though.
    I love the makeup and eye color.
    She's got the looks. thumb.gif Good luck to her!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Annie222Annie222 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Thank you all for your comments and feedback. All these were loaded as taken, straight of the camera, I hadn't play with any of them so your comments and feedback give me a direction to go in.

Many Thanks

Annie
  • CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Hopefully u shot these in RAW. If you did, then some of the issues can be fixed in about a minute.
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com