CCD Sensor Cleaning

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited February 10, 2008 in Cameras
'Scuse me, I'm still a bit lightheaded!

I finally got to the stage where my Giottos Rocket had met it's match. Had some stubborn spots (I suspect pollen) on the sensor of my D200.

After reading the instructions about a zillion times I opened my little bottle of Eclipse, and package of Type 2 Sensor Swabs, locked up the mirror, and actually touched the low pass filter. Haven't been so nervous since I don't know when.

After the shaking in my hands settled down a bit, I slapped on a lens, focused to infinity, and shot a white sheet of paper. Woo-hoo! Pure as Joan-of-Arc!!!

I'd had the Eclipse solution and sensor swabs for ages, just as a kind of talisman. Figured that if I had them, I'd never need them:D . Well if I can do it, you can do it. Beats hell out of sending the camera to the shop.
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2008
    Congrats on taking the plunge John!
    I know exactly what you are talking about. At first, it's nerve wracking as all hell!

Once you do it a few times, you'll feel like an old hand at it and doing it w/o even thinking.

I'm scheduling some time w/ a videographer friend of mine to tape a video tutorial for my blog so ppl can see, while it takes a steady hand. It doesn't take rocket science.

My biggest concern at this point is I don't become complacent while doing this process. One mistake cold cost me hundreds if I don't continue to pay attention.

All the best,
    -Jon