What do you get from this shot ?

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited February 12, 2008 in People
253411790_4ALb2-XL.jpg

Could it be worthy for final ?
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Sorry Awais,
    Not getting much from this shot. Light is a bit strong (in fact it took me a good minute to find the cyclist's head against that lit building). There's not a good focal point for the shot either.
    Hope that helps,
    E
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Ahan Good same things bother me
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Same issues here. Not really a focal point and headless bicyclist is very distracting.
    Lighting is not very dynamic.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    I think a "tighter" study of the tool vendors would be more interesting. What I DID learn from the photo is that the Brits must have introduced traffic regulation to Pakistan, 'cause y'all drive on the wrong side of the roadmwink.gif .
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    I disagree with everyone. I think this is a fantastic street shot. great focus, and great BW
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    eek7.gif
    Actually these are the guys unemployed labour they told me these days there is very hard to find a work.
    They spend time while sitting on road to find a customer in need of labour to some related job

thanks for looking

My Gallery
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Agree with Icebear. If you can reshoot, it might be better to concentrate on the laborer and his tools. The background is too distracting and takes away from the foreground subjects.

It's interesting to see how they advertise their service by displaying their tools. Here in LA, day laborers just hang around home improvement centers, like Home Depot and Lowe's, waiting for potential clients.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Not too much Awais ... seems to be somewhat random ... much different than your usual images. The very bright areas of the dirt and car really distract the eye from the laborers and bike rider.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    I See
    Lots of distractions Awais....it's been said already..no focal point. The main bike rider is somewhat lost with the busyness of the rest of the scene....keep shooting!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552