jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited February 13, 2008 in Weddings

Comments

• Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Great Poses!
    I like 1,2,3,4,7 and 8 the best.
    I would like 7 better if, there faces where in focus a bit more.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Nice photos & poses, although I think some poses might have profited from some more sunlight to see a bit more of the surroundings and not be so much in the "spotlight". Especially 1,2,3,7.

I do really love your sunset photos on the beach, you did really (!) well with your flash! ... And the spot you chose is beautiful.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    I really like the poses. They are nice, warm, and engaging (no pun intended).

The flash - well, I think it could have been improved on all but #4 and #7. Specifically, I think they look a little too flashed. If you had gelled the flash a bit, reduced the amount of flash, and compensated with more ambient (slower shutter), these would have been much better.
  • Options
    prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    i agree, great engagement shots, but if you had some gels it would help out a lot with the flash. it would still give you your fill light but it would give you a nice warm tone to match the sun set. you did a really nice job with the poses and the setting.
  • Options
    jenweavernjjenweavernj Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Great advice given on the gels...

Love the locations, setting, and poses!

Well done.
    Jen Rinaldi

Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm | Minolta 35-105mm

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008

The flash - well, I think it could have been improved on all but #4 and #7. Specifically, I think they look a little too flashed. If you had gelled the flash a bit, reduced the amount of flash, and compensated with more ambient (slower shutter), these would have been much better.

15524779-Ti.gif Very Flashy.

These are tough shots shooting directly at the sun in most of them, but Scott has given some good advice.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    Great Poses!
    I like 1,2,3,4,7 and 8 the best.
    I would like 7 better if, there faces where in focus a bit more.

Take Care,
    Chuck,

Yes, that was our first time trying that pose and it didn't quite work out right. We also decided perhaps they should have been kissing in the background!
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008

This is all greek to me. My hubby is the photographer, I just do the posing. Thanks for the advice though!

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    I really like #7: Although I would have preferred 'seeing' the ring a little bit better? the ring almost got cut off from the frame

#8, the point of view is a bit off for me, i guess you were shooting down on them? i think it would be nice to shoot if you were shooting up.. to give a better perspective..

overall, i live 'em all!
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    rhommel wrote:
    I really like #7: Although I would have preferred 'seeing' the ring a little bit better? the ring almost got cut off from the frame

#8, the point of view is a bit off for me, i guess you were shooting down on them? i think it would be nice to shoot if you were shooting up.. to give a better perspective..

overall, i live 'em all!

I agree on #8, good thinking. With 7, again, we were experimenting and it didn't work out very well...

• Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Bouncing your flash off a gold reflector over your shoulder (angled) would warm these up....I know, I know......too late now.....but those outdoor sunset shots with couples really afford some neat opportunities to use your flash in creative ways.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    jensen photosjensen photos Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    I like three and eight the best, as they are naturally in love, you just cannot force affection and passion, this shows them at their most candid, so to say.

Am I making sense? Hard to put into words...

I wish them many happy years to come. I myself am blessed by God to be married to a woman to whom I pledged eternal love, and hey...I am a sucker for people in love. Makes the world shine a little brighter. :D
    Just call me Jay.
    My photo gallery.
    O mother river, Mississippi sing me your song.
  • Options
    TaylorVerdeTaylorVerde Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Wow amazing series!
    Im loving from 4 on! 4 is my favorite picture, that is just an awesome shot right there! :D
    I agree that the first couple the lighting looks a little unnatural but the shots are gorgeous. I like the one with them in the water and kissing also, great series :D.