woohoo more lax pics!!

hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited February 13, 2008 in Sports
These are also from last spring, this is my high school JV team. Please leave some comments and criticisms and enjoy!

dsc0131oe7.jpg

dsc0124bt2.jpg

dsc0070rz9.jpg

dsc0061yv4.jpg

dsc0056qk3.jpg

dsc0033jo1.jpg

dsc0025mt2.jpg
www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Very nice grabs. The first 5 are my favorites; good action and expressions.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Heh, love how they're all looking right in one shot but the ball is behind them. such a fun game. Those visors normally make it hard to see the player's faces, but they show up really well in your pictures.
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Nice work overall! I think I would have cropped them a touch closer.

For example, #1--I think I might crop that portrait. As it is, it seems a bit lopsided. Good color and clarity.

In #2--I see you're trying to keep the ground ball in the shot--just still seems a little distant and empty. Is that a flag near the guy's stick--or just a piece of trash?

I really like #3--and would crop that one down too much. I don't know why, but I really wish they had the scoreboard working in the background. Maybe you could photoshop some numbers in the background--pretty silly, but just seems like it should be there.

The last one is really good--his parent's should definately be bugging you for a copy. I'd just want to crop the two people out of the background (unless they are the parents:D )
    Regards

Will