Some Dutch landscapes in HDR

alexLalexL Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited February 20, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi all
I was in Holland around New Year and it was pretty dull and foggy but also some exciting light late in the day. It alway difficult to get those sunrays, so i tried some HDR. These are handheld and you can see taht at a close look. But I think they are nice enough to show and to show what can be done by expirimenting with HDR.
245022646-L
245021770-L
245021800-L
245021851-L

It is always a fine balance between getting the impression and not becoming to atrifical.
Hope you like them, C&C welcome
/Alex

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Loved the 1st a lot beautiful
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Handheld HDR!? You're obviously more talented than me! :D

I think you've hit the balance just right, they don't appear (to me) to be artificial. Then again, i have an irrational affinty for saturated photos.

Well done!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Alex, these are great! They look very real, meaning the balance between foreground and bg is quite good. I LOVE those sunbeams.
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    very nice... using Photomatix? I LOOOOOVE shooting HDR and I LOOOVE to make my photos look fake and cartoonish... its what I like..lol but these are great! love em!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    alexL wrote:
    Hi all
    I was in Holland around New Year and it was pretty dull and foggy

rolleyes1.gif hahaha i could have told you that before you went :D

the shots look nice in that the HDR doesnt look too fake. like number 3 and 4, the composition is nice in there, the other ones dont do it composition wise for me.. rolleyes1.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Lovely colors and compositions. My favorite is the 1st one - excellent lines and framing.
  • BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Nice HDRs
    These are some really nice HDRs. #1 and #3 are my favorites.

You give HDR a good name.
  • alexLalexL Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Hi thanks for the nice comments

Chrissiebeez_NL: yeah I know, I used to live there until about 12 years ago

zacker: yes I used the beta of Photmatix3.0. It has a very much improved align feature. I tried my new D300 this weekend and shooting a series of 5 or 7 at high speed (6 FPS) combined with the new Photomatix makes handheld HDR very possible, tripod is of course best but .....you know
    /Alex
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Alex, have you tried the free version of Dynamic Photo HDR yet? if not, I suggest you do, its really good...its just different, alot different than PM!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • 300m300m Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Nice job! I was on the road when this posted. I like 1&4 of the group. Hand held too, very good, better than me!! I use Photomax myself now, tried PS but the results were flat.thumb.gif