Options

Aperture 2 finally released

ChrisKraftPhotoChrisKraftPhoto Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited February 14, 2008 in Finishing School
http://www.apple.com/aperture/

Now includes RAW support for those sporting the new dSLR's.

Freakin Apple...

Comments

• Options
    doug pettwaydoug pettway Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    yeah. i got the email from Apple last night. i'm a Lightroom user but I downloaded the Aperture v2 trial. the sliders and controllers seem much faster than previous versions (was always one of my pet peeves with Aperture).

i'm going to continue working with it to see what else it offers. Hopefully, Adobes response with Lightroom is right around the corner.
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    It looks like it hits all the bullet points (on paper at least):
    • Lower price
    • Better raw converter and editing tools
    • Faster performance.
    Will it be enough to lure back Lightroom users?

Will arstechnica.com savage it as they have the past two versions?

Stay tuned!
  • Options
    KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    yeah. i got the email from Apple last night. i'm a Lightroom user but I downloaded the Aperture v2 trial. the sliders and controllers seem much faster than previous versions (was always one of my pet peeves with Aperture).

i'm going to continue working with it to see what else it offers. Hopefully, Adobes response with Lightroom is right around the corner.
    Actually, as an owner of both, it looked to me like Aperture 2.0 was trying to look more like LR 1.3. It's early in the game, but I haven't read anything to suggest that LR has any catching up to do, but now that I'm in a position to get cheap upgrades I hope Adobe is motivated to step it up anyway!