Ordering Prints

leadZEROleadZERO Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited February 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is it possible to order prints of your own photos if you've specified that users can't order prints? It appears not, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks
Ryan P Sommers
http://www.rpsommers.com/

Canon 5D Mk II

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    leadZERO wrote:
    Is it possible to order prints of your own photos if you've specified that users can't order prints? It appears not, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks

Prints can't be ordered (even by yourself), if they aren't enabled for the public.

Two options I'm aware of:
    1. Temporily enable the ordering of prints, place your own order, then disable print ordering again.
    2. Create an unlisted gallery called print orders (can even have a password if you want). Enable print ordering on that gallery permanently. When you have an image you want to order a print on from another gallery, make a copy and move the copy to your unlisted print orders gallery where you can freely order prints, but the public doesn't know about the gallery or doesn't know the password.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Prints can't be ordered (even by yourself), if they aren't enabled for the public.

Two options I'm aware of:
    1. Temporily enable the ordering of prints, place your own order, then disable print ordering again.
    2. Create an unlisted gallery called print orders (can even have a password if you want). Enable print ordering on that gallery permanently. When you have an image you want to order a print on from another gallery, make a copy and move the copy to your unlisted print orders gallery where you can freely order prints, but the public doesn't know about the gallery or doesn't know the password.
    Either will do it thumb.gif