The Countryman

antonjoantonjo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited February 14, 2008 in People

Comments

• DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    I really like the expression of the man. Even though all photos are a moment of frozen time this makes me feel as though I've experienced watching him walk around. Nice job. And shall I refer to you as Richard D James from now on?
  • spinfirespinfire Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    I love the first one. The expression of the man is perfect. The B&W conversion is also very good. The amount of contrast is a good balance and it really accents the character of the man's face.

The second picture does not capture my imagination, it is simply uninteresting when compared to the first one.
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi
    Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5.
    Canon Speedlite 580EX II, Custom Brackets Flash Bracket. 2x AlienBees AB800, ABR800.
    http://spinfire.smugmug.com/
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Very very nice - the first image makes great use of selective focus, black & white conversion, and a wide range of contrasting tones.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    These are wonderful, especially the first. Makes me want to know more! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Very nice.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • GP ImagesGP Images Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Wow! Very cool shots.
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    These are nice. Really interesting. I'd prefer a little less fence in #2 though. I'm not sure...I'm pretty bad at shots with foreground oof....so who knows.headscratch.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    I think the first photo is outstanding. Very very nice.

As for the second, having priminent objects (the fence) out of focus in the foreground kill it for me.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Wonderful portrait with such nice texture and lighting. Makes me want to know his story. 2nd shot the OOF foreground over-powers the background which isn't interesting enough to break through. Great to see you posting.
  • antonjoantonjo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Thank You for Your comments :)

I think You should look at those two as a whole, not a 2 single pictures.
    The first is a man portrait, the second is his " surroundings " to make the story complete :) Nevertheless You are propably right about the oof area - it shoud be more discrete ?

If You are interested, how it "looks" with the countryside sounds attached, please click here and start music player, placed above the photographs