1st with the reversed

SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
edited February 14, 2008 in Holy Macro
50mm......nothing earth shattering but....this stuff is way cool....the dof is incredibly shallow. Have to work on layering according to the tute once working with something worthy.

A pin cushion (a little one at that!)

254089975_VGZMb-L.jpg
Swartzy:
NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
www.daveswartz.com
Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Good one - like it :)
    Assuming you are reversing directly onto the camera body - if you are using an elctronic only lens then you can set an aperture of say F8 with it mounted normally and then remove it whilst keeping the dof preview button depressed- this will keep the lens at F8 until it is next used normally- results in a dimmer viewfinder but a bit more DOF.

brian v.
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Awesome Dave!
    Welcome to the slipperiest of slopes!
    edited February 13, 2008
    BTW Dave,

I find it's way easier when starting out (where I'm at now) to get a constant bright light source so you can open up your aperture even more (f15+). This way you can see when your locked onto something and know the strobe will blow out the color temp of the constant light source anyway.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Thanks gentlemen
    This is the 50mm FD lens (older Canon) reversed and set the aperature to f/16 (as high as it goes). I'm looking around the house for something else interesting as we have no flowers here this time of year.......EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK....flowers...did I say flowers......Holy Moly Rocky....tomorrow is like VALENTINES DAY......Geez.....

Ah, I got it.....I'll buy the coolest flowers for macro work, give them to wifey (ha, and she'll think they're for her)....two birds with one stone.......uh oh, she might read this...I better lay low rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited February 13, 2008
    I'm not snitching. Sounds like a great plan! Off to get flowers I can't afford now...
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    50mm......nothing earth shattering but....this stuff is way cool....the dof is incredibly shallow. Have to work on layering according to the tute once working with something worthy.

A pin cushion (a little one at that!)

Hey there Swartzy, I could never did figure out how to make lens reversal work for me, I just could not for the love of it focus it. ne_nau.gif

Congratulations .... I love the colours you got, the pin looks like a ball on a stick thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Nice one! I'm having fun with my reversed lens too thumb.gif