Options

Couple of odd issues

arpboyarpboy Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited February 16, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Folks:

My site is starting to get more active, and I've had a couple of questions:
  1. When I go to my home page (photos.richardberry.org), it displays as my domain. However, when I go to many of my galleries, it shifts to smugmug.com - I don't want that. It makes it confusing for my customers. Is there any way I can address that?
  2. I used the sample javascript to create a button bar on my home page. Is there any way to keep it up all the time?
  3. What's the best tutorial on developing a theme for my site? I've used a stock theme for almost a year, but I'm about ready to create a different look. I've seen some really nice things done around here, and I'd like to do the same!
Thanks for all the terrific support on the forums!

-Richard

Comments

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    For question #2 the answer is yes. You need to put it in your customization, not directly in the home page. I have my site-wide banner & button bar in a DIV defined within the header section of the customization page.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    arpboy wrote:
    Folks:

My site is starting to get more active, and I've had a couple of questions:
    1. When I go to my home page (photos.richardberry.org), it displays as my domain. However, when I go to many of my galleries, it shifts to smugmug.com - I don't want that.

If you have "hide owner" checked in a gallery setting, you'll get this:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/4038108_c8PGs#235089512

Set Hide Owner to "no" and your branding comes back, url and all :)
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2008
    arpboy wrote:
    [*]What's the best tutorial on developing a theme for my site? I've used a stock theme for almost a year, but I'm about ready to create a different look. I've seen some really nice things done around here, and I'd like to do the same![/LIST]Thanks for all the terrific support on the forums!

-Richard

Start in the customizing forum, "Start Here" thread and read through those materials & links. Then post your Questions in the customizing forum. We're happy to help!
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Start in the customizing forum, "Start Here" thread and read through those materials & links. Then post your Questions in the customizing forum. We're happy to help!

You all have proved it over and over. Thanks for all the terrific help. This is one of the most supportive and positive communities on the 'net! I'll get to work!

-Richard
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2008
    For question #2 the answer is yes. You need to put it in your customization, not directly in the home page. I have my site-wide banner & button bar in a DIV defined within the header section of the customization page.

So do I, but it still disappears once I go into galleries. Any ideas?

(photos.richardberry.org)

Thanks!
  • Options
    scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    arpboy wrote:

Thanks!

It looks like you have a theme applied under the galleries. Enter one of the galleries in question and go to "customize gallery" and look under the "look & feel" section to see what your theme is set to. Typically you want this set to "default" and then your own customization will apply.

If that is already set to default, check the customization tab in your control panel and look at the bottom and make sure this is also set to default.

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2008
    arpboy wrote:

Thanks!
    Could you be more specific please? ear.gif
    http://photos.richardberry.org/gallery/4038108_c8PGs#235089512