Throw at portraiture: in need of advice?

Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
edited February 14, 2008 in People
hi fellow Dgrinners!

while messing about a while back we decided to try to give portrait photography a somewhat more serious effort. I would really like to know how you feel about the compositions, poses, lighting etc as well as the processing.

254219253_pKpte-XL-1.jpg

254218368_Wu4o7-XL-1.jpg

254423664_fjYKC-XL-1.jpg

254381053_kXvD2-XL-1.jpg

i'm interested in what you think! :thumb
Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 14, 2008
    Chris,

I think the processing works best on the first one, which has a great dreamy quality to it. I'm not very experienced at portrait photography, but I would say that the last two would be improved if you could see the eyes better. In #3, the head could have been angled a bit more toward the camera, while #4 needs more light from the front. As a portrait, I think #2 is the strongest.

Cheers,
  • kejagokejago Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    I really like the 1st picture. I held my attention for a lot longer than the others.
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    thanks for the comments kejago and rsinmadrid :D

i agree the processing works best for the first one. it is partly me (squinty eyes) and partly because these are all natural light portrait but the sun made it a bit hard, hence the squinting mwink.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • glhphotosglhphotos Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    My preference is for #2. Her eyes are in focus. She has a good smile. Too bad that there is a trash can in the background though. #3 and 4 the eyes are in shadow.