Options

Customer album photo selections - best way ?

FrankCFrankC Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I'm sure other people have come across this issue and may have some ideas.

I am using Smugmug to proof event photographs for a 'storybook' album. Up until now, I have asked people to send me a list of all the images names they want to use.

Although this method works OK, it's not as smooth as I would like from the customer point of view. Is there any way a customer can browse a gallery of photos and mark/select the ones they would like ? I did think of using the comments box, but this is even more awkward than just recording the image name (and how would I separate out just the selected images afterwards ?).

Any ideas ???

Thanks, Frank

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    There is a built in order system/cart on your SmugMug page mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2008
    Hi Ivar, thanks for the reply.

Yes - there is an order system - but I think that's for photos and related products (and only in US$, and only from US labs, and with no self-fulfillment option - but that's some different feature requests - already made by me incidentally rolleyes1.gif)

I am designing Graphistudio albums, using images selected by my customers - I can't see any way to link the ordering system to that ? Am I missing something, because if I could use the ordering system for this it would be great.

Thanks, Frank
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    Hi - just bumping this, as I still haven't found any way of doing it.

It's currently my main customer issue (i.e. the difficulty of making image selections, comparing and grouping them etc.).

Would this be possible using some form of customization ?

Thanks, Frank