Options

Need a preview mode for applying Infrared effect in CS3!

net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited February 15, 2008 in Finishing School
Is there a script or guide for applying the ‘Infrared’ effect to a picture, or multiple pictures? What if I want to apply this effect to all pictures in a folder and then browse each, without permanently applying the effect to those pictures? A preview mode.

I have tried making Action script in CS3, but it sort of stops after bring up the ‘Black and White’ screen and then changing the picture to B&W.

I have Ps CS3 and Windows XP.
Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com

Comments

• Options
    gchappelgchappel Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Using cs3 you could easily do a b&w conversion with an "infrared filter" via the b&w adjustment layer. You could then see what the conversion will look like, and adjust or remove the layer as needed. To do a large batch of pictures I would approach it differently. I would write an action that would do your favorite ir conversion to each picture in the folder and save them in a different folder. You could then view the completed images and discard as needed. Actually I would resize the images in the same action to make them pretty small. That way I can look through them quickly, and go back and carefully work the images I wanted. There are a lot of different ways to do the same thing, but that is how I would do it.
    Gary