Their Anniversary

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited March 22, 2005 in People
My parents, married 27 years here in a couple weeks. Great folks, they set an excelent example which I can only strive to live up to.

17977456-L.jpg

17977708-L.jpg

17977747-L.jpg

What I need here is a hand picking a favorite, the plan is to print and frame one as a present. I really like the traditional style pose of #1, but the light is quite harsh (direct sunlight, maybe 1:30pm). The light in the latter two is much more pleasing to me, but between the two I'm having trouble picking which one I prefer. Knowing them personaly (duh.) I lean to the last shot, they've spent alot of years laughing together.

Thoughts?

Thanks for looking,
Chris
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    door #2 for me. No question. thumb.gif
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    door #2 for me. No question. thumb.gif
    Thank you. Strong opinions are just what I need here. Normally I have no prob 'picking the winner,' but this one leaves me without an objective opinion.

More ideas, anyone?
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • NicoleNicole Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    Hi Chris,
    I also prefer #2. As you said the lighting is harsh in #1 and it is difficult to see your mom's face in #3. I think they will be very pleased with their present.
    Nicoleclap.gif
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    Thanks for the second vote for #2, I'm deffinately agreeing the more I look at it.

Punched it up in levels a bit before print. Considering a crop, any suggestions? I tried a few traditional portriat crops, and they didn't seem to fit. Would be be "off" to leave it in landscape? I don't know why not, but, just seems a little funny. I do like the natural surroundings, so I suppose I'll leave them!

New;

18017623-L.jpg

Old;

17977708-L.jpg