U13 girls weekend soccer Naples

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited February 17, 2008 in Sports
Really suffered photographically this weekend at a soccer complex with parking lots on either end of the field. All of my photos have distracting backgrounds with parked cars, etc... despite shooting at f2.8 most of the time.mad.gif

It's a shame because the actions was hot!
253096551_GArNk-L.jpg

253098171_W4hm2-L.jpg

Ugh, I blew this one by cutting off the ball.
253098524_6oYB8-XL.jpg

253098648_3R3YZ-L.jpg

Foggy morning game
252565530_rg7XE-L.jpg

252565378_3b35V-L.jpg

252565352_JVvLG-L.jpg

252566207_H8MeL-L.jpg

Comments

• GP ImagesGP Images Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    In number (5) I was going to ask how you got that cool red motion blurr of the ball and then I realized it was a stop sign in the background! Nice shots.
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Very nice.. the all seem very crisp!
  • jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Surroundings for kids sports are frequently bad. Your use of a wide aperture/short DOF really minimized the effect. Unless you mention it, I bet most parents wouldn't ever think about it. In fact, I think all the shots look great. The only distractors I really notice were the reflections off the cars in #2. If you could dim those two white blobs coming off the cars using photoshop, I think those would be perfect.

The following shot is one of my daughter (in white) I was real happy with. However, look at the lady in a white shirt just to the left of my daughter. Who knows what she was doing/adjusting--but I see that every time I look at the shot. Sometime I need to follow my own advice and just edit her shirt to cover her stomach...

118585765_ZC6Si-M.jpg
    Regards

Will
    wmstumme wrote:
    Surroundings for kids sports are frequently bad. Your use of a wide aperture/short DOF really minimized the effect. Unless you mention it, I bet most parents wouldn't ever think about it. In fact, I think all the shots look great. The only distractors I really notice were the reflections off the cars in #2. If you could dim those two white blobs coming off the cars using photoshop, I think those would be perfect.

The following shot is one of my daughter (in white) I was real happy with. However, look at the lady in a white shirt just to the left of my daughter. Who knows what she was doing/adjusting--but I see that every time I look at the shot. Sometime I need to follow my own advice and just edit her shirt to cover her stomach...

118585765_ZC6Si-M.jpg

Will, thanks for your comments. I shoot most of my soccer shots with a 300mm lens at f2.8 to try and blur the background and isolate the players. I've gotten pretty critical of my backgrounds, but some fields just leave you with no other option. This field had a parking lot on either end.:cry

I'm critical, but the parents seem to love these shots. I've sold a lot of large prints from that weekend tournament.

I like your shot. Shot be easy to clone some more shirt for that itchy lady!