Night shots...

BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
edited February 18, 2008 in Landscapes
Hello everyone, I just got my smugmug pro account and just signed up here...so I thought i would share a couple photos I took the other night. They were only taken on a nikno d40, I am already itching to upgrade to a d300 for everyday things and a canon 5d for my more artistic shots...

"Green glow" (most will hate the power lines and fence, but I do not mind them...i think it really shows how most people would see this, it shows what an different eye can see...most people who go by this tree have never noticed the light, but love it once they see this photo, which is what I wanted to show with this photo...plus there is no way to get around the powerline and the fence, it will always be in the shot)
GreenGlowTree.jpg

"Moon through branches" (I was shooting the green glow tree and while I was waiting for the camera to finish I looked up in another tree and thought this was a cool picture as well, so I decided to take a photo)
MoonthruBranches.jpg
Brandon Perron Photography
www.brandonperron.com

Comments

• David L. MegaheyDavid L. Megahey Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    I like the first one best. The light is from a street light?
    It has the same color you'd see when a transformer
    blows up.:D
    :scratch When in doubt....SHOOT IT!!!
  • BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    I like the first one best. The light is from a street light?
    It has the same color you'd see when a transformer
    blows up.:D

Thanks, i was wondering if anyone would have any comments...it is not a street light, but a light that is attached to the tree itself and that is the color of light, no alterations to color. Not sure what color it looks like when a transformer blows...lol...

The shot is a bit noiser then I wanted, I might see if some of the other ones I took has less niose. I am using just a nikon d40, so it is not the best camera for night shots...waiting to get my hands on a 5d for my tripod shots...
    www.brandonperron.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Bperron,

You have a very peaceful street at night. I understand the camera envy (I'd like a 5D too) although I don't know many folks who shoot with both kinds. :D

Anyway, I like your moon shot, almost creepy. Keep shooting and sharing! thumb.gif
  • BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Bperron,

You have a very peaceful street at night. I understand the camera envy (I'd like a 5D too) although I don't know many folks who shoot with both kinds. :D

Anyway, I like your moon shot, almost creepy. Keep shooting and sharing! thumb.gif

Thank you very much...Yeah i know that most people do not shoot with both kinds...but the 5d offers better sharpness and better ISO results (more in the high numbers) then any Nikon on the market, but the nikon is just does alot better for shooting every day life kind of things...so that is why I want both clap.gif
    www.brandonperron.com