first model shoot

gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited February 17, 2008 in People
this is my first model shoot and here is a pic from the pic. c&c welcome and thanks http://bikegodfather.smugmug.com/photos/252920402_bRxTZ-S-1.jpg

Comments

• PilznrPilznr Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    The Link didn't work.
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    I'm assuning it's Erica's gallery.
    If so, the gallery is password protected.
  • gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    sorry
    it is the erica gallery and the password is berry
  • PilznrPilznr Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    I looked at all the pics. Most of them are really great. clap.gif It looks like it was an overcast day. If you reshoot, I'd try to pick a less cloudy day. The backgrounds were pretty good as well. They were pretty muted and non-distracting when combined with her mostly bright clothing. The DoF is also great in most of them. A few of them had a sharper background, but it didn't bother me because the color of her hair and clothing drew your eyes right too her.

A few bad things I noticed: The pimples on her forehead. I would try to do a little photoshopping to help get rid of those. Also, there's one pic where she's wearing a jean jacket and it looks like her boob is popping out. I'm sure that she's wearing a flesh colored shirt under the denim jacket, but it looks like a boob. But Maybe that was intended to happen.

If you'd like more detailed comments on each photo, I'd be happy to leave comments on your gallery or on here. I'm no professional, just giving my opinion.
    edited February 16, 2008
    thanks for the comments it was overcast and that was my first time shooting a model so all in all i was pleased and cant wait to try it again with a different person and better lighting
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Great Job for your fist model shoot!

I think you two will work even better in future shoots the model will relax more and it will help you also. You might want to find a location where the model can sit down for some of the poses.
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited February 17, 2008
    She is a pretty young lady, and you captured her well. I like the soft, diffuse lighting and the OOF backgrounds. Color balance is excellent for shooting in the shade.

As mentioned her complexion can be improved in Photoshop with a little Surface Blur to help smooth out her acne.

I think these shots are just a little flat in the use of the color space. There are no real whites, even the specular reflection of her metal necklace was not a full 255,255, 255 and I think it should be. My opinion only, YMMV of course. This would lighten the whites of her sweater and give just a touch more sparkle to the images.

I think I might have tried shooting more shots at her eye level or even higher. Most of these were shot from eye level or below.

I think with a little editing she will be very pleased with these. Nice job.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited February 17, 2008
    thanks
    Thanks for the comments and advice. im working on getting some editing software such as photoshop and i know i need it but geez its expensive. im working on getting it. she was very helpful with the posing some and it was overcast but i was excited about shooting her so we just went ahead with the shoot. Rex was the one shooting her and he was gracious enough to allow me to tag along and shoot some too. Im so thankful that he allowed me to tag along and learn a lot from him. Hes very good and a super guy for whom i owe alot to for allowing a newbie to get in on some of the action. thanks again to him and everyone for the c&c.