Options

Compress & Resize on CS3

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited February 16, 2008 in Finishing School
I have been shooting RAW and I am unable to put some of my photos on my website. Is it possible to compress and resize the photos on Photoshop CS3 Extended. If so how is it done.
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    I have been shooting RAW and I am unable to put some of my photos on my website. Is it possible to compress and resize the photos on Photoshop CS3 Extended. If so how is it done.
    Regards
    Bob

Well first you have to process the Raws. Then you have to size them (Image Size) and convert to sRGB and save as JPEGs. Check out the Save for Web options.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2008
    arodney wrote:
    Well first you have to process the Raws. Then you have to size them (Image Size) and convert to sRGB and save as JPEGs. Check out the Save for Web options.

Thanks ever so much Andrew,
    Where do I go to exactly to size them (image size) and I am not sure about the converting to sRGB and save as JPEGSs

Thanks a lot
    Bob
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks ever so much Andrew,
    Where do I go to exactly to size them (image size) and I am not sure about the converting to sRGB and save as JPEGSs
    Bob

Image->Image Size.

Or you can do this in Save for Web: File->Save for Web & Devices. You can select JPEG, sRGB and in the Image Size pane, size the images as well.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2008
    arodney wrote:
    Image->Image Size.

Or you can do this in Save for Web: File->Save for Web & Devices. You can select JPEG, sRGB and in the Image Size pane, size the images as well.

Thanks a lot Andrew I really do appreciate that and I understand exactly what you are saying.

Cheers
    Bob