Help with hyperlinking images into html code on Sumgmug gallery pages.

logan-xlogan-x Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited February 16, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hyperlinks on my price list and contact us pages only work on my local machine.
<o:p> </o:p>
When I try to view my web site on other computers the images do not show up.
I loaded the images into the galleries that I’m linking to, using the copy image location and copy image link and pasting those link addresses into the HTML code in the customizing box for the gallery.
Can someone please tell me what I’m missing?
Thank you.
My web site www.theradiantimage.us
Logan

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    Sharing help:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-sharing

HTML help:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/html-help.mg

Holler if you need help grabbing the proper links, after reading the sharing help page.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    logan-x wrote:
    Hyperlinks on my price list and contact us pages only work on my local machine.
    When I try to view my web site on other computers the images do not show up.
    I loaded the images into the galleries that I’m linking to, using the copy image location and copy image link and pasting those link addresses into the HTML code in the customizing box for the gallery.
    Can someone please tell me what I’m missing?
    Thank you.
    My web site www.theradiantimage.us
    Logan

In a brief look, I would guess (though I cannot tell for sure), that you don't have external linking enabled for the gallery that contains the images you are trying to use in your pages. The images would then show up on your computer because they are in your browser cache from viewing them in the unlisted gallery, but not on others because they have never seen them before. So, I'd suggest to make sure that external linking is enabled on your unlisted gallery that contains the images.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • logan-xlogan-x Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2008
    Thanks everyone it's fixed
    The problem turned out to be that I had the pictures in the same gallery that they where linked to, and had them checked to be hidden. I need to move the photos to a hidden gallery and link from that gallery, to not have photos at the bottom of my gallery page.

Thanks for you help
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    logan-x wrote:
    The problem turned out to be that I had the pictures in the same gallery that they where linked to, and had them checked to be hidden. I need to move the photos to a hidden gallery and link from that gallery, to not have photos at the bottom of my gallery page.

Thanks for you help

Ahhh, hidden images. I'll have to remember to remind people to check that the images aren't hidden too. Apparently, it's the same effect as no external linking. Glad you got it fixed.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question