Options

Workflow help: Lightroom, Droplet and Smugmug

SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited February 19, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi,
I am experimenting with improving workflow and now have SDK installed in Lightroom and can now upload to SmugMug (cool :D ) and also have installed a droplet to execute noise removal.

So far, so good, but the way I am setting this up these are two separate operations. In my ideal workflow, I'd like to set my lightroom export function to:

1) apply the Droplet to remove noise
2) export the images with the noise removed to Smugmug

I know I will probably kick myself but I am drawing a blank on how to set Lightroom up to do this in one operation.

My workflow will then become:

1) Import to Bridge, rename add keywords etc
2) Import to Lightroom to adjust as necessary
3) Export to SmugMug with Noise reduction and store copies of these JPg on my drive.

Any advice on how to do what I desire or any form of improvement would be gratefully recieved.

George

ps I shoot sports and regularly manage batches of up to 800 to 1000 images at a time so cutting down my workflow steps is very important - the smallest imrpovement is important.

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    SirGeorge wrote:
    Hi,
    I am experimenting with improving workflow and now have SDK installed in Lightroom and can now upload to SmugMug (cool :D ) and also have installed a droplet to execute noise removal.

So far, so good, but the way I am setting this up these are two separate operations. In my ideal workflow, I'd like to set my lightroom export function to:

1) apply the Droplet to remove noise
    2) export the images with the noise removed to Smugmug

I know I will probably kick myself but I am drawing a blank on how to set Lightroom up to do this in one operation.

My workflow will then become:

1) Import to Bridge, rename add keywords etc
    2) Import to Lightroom to adjust as necessary
    3) Export to SmugMug with Noise reduction and store copies of these JPg on my drive.

Any advice on how to do what I desire or any form of improvement would be gratefully recieved.

George

ps I shoot sports and regularly manage batches of up to 800 to 1000 images at a time so cutting down my workflow steps is very important - the smallest imrpovement is important.
    Check out Tim Armes LR/Morgrify combined with a Piglet from Jeffrey Friedl to do smugmug. LR/Morgrify includes an ftp option. Best to comment to thier sites for more info.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    P.S.

Tim Armes is on the Forum I Moderate (Lightroom Forums) and works closely with Jeffrey Friedl. We have an LR Plugins (SDK) sub-forum.

Check it out. Likely to get good help there.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Why bring into Bridge
    Howdy-

Maybe I am not seeing the advantage, but why bring the photos into Bridge before Lightroom? I use Lightroom to do all my keywording and renaming; I use the "spray paint" keyword to apply the keywords pretty quickly. F2 to do the rename.

I also use Devbobo's SmugMug MacUploader with Lightroom to upload the photos after export. There is also another option that I just found but have not used yet Jeffrey Friedl's Lightroom Export Plugin for SmugMug
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact