Options

aperature/mac question

starky987starky987 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited February 16, 2008 in Finishing School
This is a stupid problem to have, but none the less I have it....I'm a new mac user nd when I plug my canon xti into my mac i do not get the option to just load the pictures onto my computer. To get the pictures off my camera and onto my laptop I must go into aperature and then load them into the program. Is there a way to load the pictures directly to my hard drive so that I can view them without going into aperature? Might it be because I shoot in RAW format? I'm really not sure what to do here but its a pain that I have to view and open my pictures through aperature instead of just being able to view them and load them onto the hard drive directly. This seems to be the same with iPhoto which is the basic software that comes on macs. thanks

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    starky987 wrote:
    This is a stupid problem to have, but none the less I have it....I'm a new mac user nd when I plug my canon xti into my mac i do not get the option to just load the pictures onto my computer. To get the pictures off my camera and onto my laptop I must go into aperature and then load them into the program. Is there a way to load the pictures directly to my hard drive so that I can view them without going into aperature? Might it be because I shoot in RAW format? I'm really not sure what to do here but its a pain that I have to view and open my pictures through aperature instead of just being able to view them and load them onto the hard drive directly. This seems to be the same with iPhoto which is the basic software that comes on macs. thanks
    I am not an Aperture user ( :D), but on a Mac using OSX it is the applicaton Image Capture that is used for downloading (Lightroom uses it). There is where you can configure your downloads and set what app to auto open or not.

Have fun,
    Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    starky987starky987 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    thanks a lot...it works perfectly!!!