My Nephew - Big Blue Eyes!

KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited March 24, 2005 in People
What a cute littel fellow, wouldn't you agree?

14523885-M.jpg

14523891-M.jpg

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    Beautiful baby. I like the first one much better.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    Hi Kevin

me too.. the first one for me too :D
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    I kinda actually like the second one better. His eyes stand out more. I like what you did the lighting and colors... what did you do to make it that way? And a very cute kid!
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    4Labs
    Thanks for the comments - the first one does seem to capture his personalilty a bit more. He's awfully cute, but I suppose I'm a bit biased.

Kevin
    edited March 23, 2005
    Lynnma
    Thank you for the comment. I looked through your forest gallery on smumug - wow! Fantastic shots there...I'm jealous rolleyes1.gif .

Kevin
    edited March 23, 2005
    Ashley
    Hi Ashley,

Thank you. Personally, the second one is my favorite too - a bit more artistic I think. As for the technique, let me see if I can recall. I know that the picture was taken in a bathroom with a bounce flash. After that, I worked on it in PSE 2: I used a layer mask and desaturated the entire picture about 70%, then went over the blue items (eyes, whale in his mouth and washcloth) to remove the desat. effect.

Kevin
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    Man is he ever a cutie pie! I like both shots...each for different reasons. The first being more "traditional" and the second for your artistic touch. Very cute kid, good job thumb.gif
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.